Unadilla Semi spoiler.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Stewart out at Dilla. Went down in practice and hurt his shoulder. Won't be riding today.

This will be interesting with James and Ricky gone, who will be the best of the rest?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Whoa, that's big news!

In practice, Langston, Millsaps, Ferry and Windham were all within 1 second of each other.

I would love to see Ferry take it, but I'm gonna guess Langston. I also think Alessi will make the top 5.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I'd like to see one of the Young Guns take it, Allessi or Milsaps :)

How bad is Stewart? broken or bruised?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
rickyd said:
I'd like to see one of the Young Guns take it, Allessi or Milsaps :)

How bad is Stewart? broken or bruised?

This could be Allessi's big chance if he gets the holeshot. I would love to see Windham get it. Everyone should be stepping it up with Ricky and James gone.

They took Stewart to the hospital. He was complaining about neck and back pain. No other news yet.

Time for a Leatt brace. :nod:

Last edited:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
This has been a great season for close races. RC and JBS have had some great battles. Now we will get to see the best of the rest fighting over 1st instead of 3rd. I expect them all to bring their best. Could be epic! I doubt anyone will be running away with it.

And in the Lites, Dungy is back, but it looks like RV and Townley are a step above. Those top 2 should also have another close battle. Townley often seems to be willing to let RV take Moto 1, then go after him with everything he has in Moto 2.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
And now it's raining.

Whatta' crap shoot. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Dowd is out there, and he's a mudder! Would love to see him get top 10.

Too bad for RV in Moto 1. And WTG Hepler! Former 'dilla winner is the forgotten man in the Lites Class.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Ben Townley wins Moto 1 and turns in a lap time in the 2:11 range. :nod:

Kevin Windam wins his Moto 1 on 2:16's and Tim Ferry has the fastest in the big boy class at 2:14 and change. :whoa:

Think about that for a second or two. :nener:

Hope Stewart didn't ding himself out of another season. This has to suck for him, RC's bye week..a time for JS to cruise and he's crashing his brains out. Not a good thing. :think:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ol'89r said:
I would love to see Windham get it.

:yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

What a race. In the words of James Stewart, "Now THAT'S what it's all about!"

Great ride for Ferry and Short. :cool:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
So, R. C., You could still win this thing. Please come back for a few more rides!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
SpDyKen said:
So, R. C., You could still win this thing. Please come back for a few more rides!

How does Stewart getting hurt change anything? Do I need to point out that RC was in the point lead and clearly in control of the championship had he decided to stay regardless of Stewart being there or injured?

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It must have been another great race in both classes! Yeah for the old guys,KW and TF! Glad to see RD back after redbud,and BH is back! MA led the first moto for like 8 laps,UNBELIEVABLE,did he ever thank anyone for the gp suspension? RV and BT tied for the points,uh oh!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Ferry fell on the last lap of Moto 1 while in 3rd. Tedesco and Langston got by. If Ferry had not bobbled, his 3-1 would have taken the OA over KDub's 1-3.

I'm glad to see KDub win, but you gotta feel for the Red Dog! He had a great ride.

Tedesco did pretty well, too.

Alessi pulled over to get goggles in the 2nd moto and it cost him some time. He tied Short for 3rd OA on points, but lost the podium spot due to Shorty's better 2nd moto.

Byrne apparently had a bad get off in Moto 2. I hope he's OK.

Oh, and Dungy held off a charge by Townley to take 2nd in the Lites Moto 2.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Congrats to KW.

This season has got to haunt Stewart, knowing the The Goat walked away in the lead :laugh:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
HEHA, :ride: go Dungy!!!

Glad KW got the win,

If Ferry had not bobbled, his 3-1 would have taken the OA over KDub's 1-3.

thats what racing is all about, IF, MIGHT of,should of, could of.
IF Stewart hadnt endoed in the rut at Red Bud, he MIGHT of beat the GOAT, (probably not) :nener: well never know.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah that was a good race. Too bad Stewart crashed--he laid there for a while while before they took him off the track and they red flagged practice. It sure did open up the field for the race.

I was glad to see KW win but it was obvious in the second moto that he was running the numbers to see where he fit into the overall. He went into coast mode. He even said so in the press conference after the race. I like Kevin a lot but I predict he won't be back next year. He said too many things that sound more like a reason to leave than a reason to stay.

Dungy was amazing. He thought he had won the overall but was still very happy to place second. Watching him hold off Townly was a sight to see. He will go far.

Jason Lawrence is also blessed with amazing speed but I want to see him get better starts. I like his energy--on and off the track. He was late for the press conference and while everyone was leaving he showed up and apologized for being late and proceeded to hold his own conference. I was trying to figure out who’s little KX pit bike he stole to get there on! He got a good sense of humor and is good at rolling with the punches. He is something the sport hasn’t seen in a while and I welcome it. I just hope he doesn’t become to “corporate”.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
YamaB said:
Any updates on Stewart's condition??

According to Mike Fisher, Kawi team manager, there are no broken bones or any obvious injuries. He is very beat up and sore. Said he could have suffered a bad whiplash.

Just another day at the races. :nod: :yikes:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Ol'89r said:
According to Mike Fisher, Kawi team manager, there are no broken bones or any obvious injuries. He is very beat up and sore. Said he could have suffered a bad whiplash.

Just another day at the races. :nod: :yikes:

I feel like that from riding this past weekend, and I didn't even crash!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Regarding Stewart, you think a SX only contract is in his future? Reason I say this is all he does is show up on Sunday morning, run practice and then race. There was some talk about he wrecked because he didn't know the track like he should of. He has been complaining about the long schedule.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
So do you think he will have an SX only contract in the future? I guess more than 1 line was too much for you :laugh: :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I don't really know why he needs to race at all anymore. He's already the Fastest Rider Ever.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
JMD said:
I don't really know why he needs to race at all anymore. He's already the Fastest Rider Ever.

Sorry. RC holds that title and JS lost his chance to prove otherwise. :boss:

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
Okiewan said:
Yup, he sucks outdoors and it's just now showing up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hes still 2nd in points isn't he?

And for most of the MX races this year he has been 1st or 2nd, with many seconds between him and 3rd place.

"He sucks" is very subjective. He is running 2nd place to the best MXer of all time. Thats like saying Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth and Willie Mays suck, because they are only 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on the all time home run list. Sucking compared to the best in the world, is much different than sucking in general :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…