XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Ivan beat me to it. Shades of Ryan Hughes pushing his bike over the finish line with a broken chain in 1995.

I guess with all the signs of the apocalypse we've been seeing, it's nice to see a sign that the world isn't going to end.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Very cool story, Ivan.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
that is a very cool story but to be perfectly honest i dont know if i could do that. i mean last year in baseball the game going into confrence was so intense. i dont think i could help the other team beat me :| im disgusted in myself :laugh:

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
JD_MXRacer said:
that is a very cool story but to be perfectly honest i dont know if i could do that. i mean last year in baseball the game going into confrence was so intense. i dont think i could help the other team beat me :| im disgusted in myself :laugh:

:yikes: :yikes:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
JD_MXRacer said:
to be perfectly honest i dont know if i could do that

Some people can't... ok, most can't. Too much selfishness.

I have seen unselfishness a lot in off-roading though... even by names as big as Randy Hawkins.

from somewhere else said:
The reason for this post is to recognize George Noxon (NC), David Cripe (GA), Terry Meek (PA)and 7-time National Enduro Champion and AM-Pro Team Manager Randy Hawkins (SC), guys that stopped and gave up their race to help Thad. Not only did they tend to Thad but they even helped the EMS team carry him out of the woods. It's this type of unselfishness that makes our sport so unique.

And another...
from somewhere else said:
She came across her direct competitor (tied in points) with a twisted knee. She stopped and got her out of the woods to make sure she would be ok, starting her bike periodically, etc.

They even stopped for a very fast rider that cracked his helmet on a tree, blood pouring out his nose, big bruise across the forehead, no idea what state he was in (but could name our President - how patriotic!).

Anyway, she threw her race and maybe season position helping her direct competitor out of the woods. Oh yeah, the direct competitor beat her through the first section so the injured rider gained another 5 championship points over the helping rider.

Ivan
PS... names of the second removed b/c I have not asked permission to use that story.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Heh, she coulda hopped on one leg around the bases, no rush on a homer.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom