tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
the uni air filter i picked up for my 03 crf450r does not look exactly like the factory filter. the fit on the element holder is not the same as the factory filter. it sits about 1/4 inch higher because the element holder sits completely under the filter while on the factory unit the "spindle" goes completely through the factory filter.

in the attached photo you can see this where the hole in center of fliter is the size of the spindle on the factory filter and the hole is only the size of the screw on the uni filter.

anyone have experience with this? did uni package the wrong filter for my bike. (others uni filters in the store look exactly alike for this year/bike)

photo at this link http://dirtrider.net/teamdrn/showphoto.php/photo/6150/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2004
Uni filter

I run uni air filters on my 03 CRF450r and they are the same way. They fit fine even though they are different than the stock filter. You can put a PC seal in your air box to help if you are worried about it.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
FiremanCRF450R said:
I run uni air filters on my 03 CRF450r and they are the same way. They fit fine even though they are different than the stock filter. You can put a PC seal in your air box to help if you are worried about it.

i have not tried screwing the thing in yet - looks like there will not be enough threads - less than 1/2 of original since uni filter sits so high.

what is a PC seal?

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
Revlimiter Racing said:
Although that will work - you should get the cage that UNI makes. It is a MUCH better fit than the stock one and provides a better seal than the OEM honda cage.
-Shane

i can't find this cage on the unifilter.com site - can you give me a link to the correct page?

thanks

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
problem solved - spoke with UNI filter people today. turns out you must force the black plastic filter part down on the plastic of the cage - they eventually "snap" together and then the screw will reach.

they actually returned my call to them - that is impressive for any company these days - but for a $25 air filter - its just impressive customer service!!! :cool: (now if they would just include directions in the package telling you to snap the parts together...)

Top Bottom