cr125-rm65

Oct 23, 2004
Hi,
I just fitted a v-force 3 reed block to our 04 cr125 and found the jetting to be very strange to get correct, The bike has a r304 shorty and thats the only other mod to this bike when we fitted the pipe we went back to std main jet and one down on pilot and one up on clip now we have fitted the v-force3 and had to go up 2 on the main from std, When we went up one jet only the bike had a nice plug colour but had very lack of power it seems the more fuel i dump at it the better it goes, this bike out runs 250 4strokes in races including ones with pipes, the plug now is on the darker side of nice but luvs the extra fuel... anyone have any idea why??? and we are near at sea level to Thanks :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Maybe you have an air leak in the intake area?

cr125-rm65

Oct 23, 2004
Hi studboy and thanks for the advice, I did a air leak test and no leaks, so what ever it is seems to work as the bike is a weapon!! but if anyone else has any idea or if this is common in 04 cr125's let me know Thanks

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
It is surprising that you would have to richen it up 2 sizes, but if everything is running well with no bogs and a good looking plug then I say run it. Just do a couple of plug chops to be safe. Do you know how to properly read the plug, and not just the insulator tip?

cr125-rm65

Oct 23, 2004
Hi and yeh i read the plug from the centre where it comes out of the plug ( did that make any sense? ) lol over here in australia we race on alot of hills so running a tad rich dont hurt but still amazes me why i had to go so rich, the v-force made this cr125 a weapon and my son can not beleave the difference its made with smoother all over power,plus who ever said 04 cr125's are pigs down low are ON DRUGS this bike aslong as you use clutch and correct revs it holeshots straight off the line and still has top end and i havnt touched gearing plus out of tight corners its just as quik and as responsive as any 2 stroke bike he has raced against so far best bike we have owned and we have had rm125-kx125 and yz125 and ktm125 its just a bike that suits him and it was the last brand we tried lol,, CYA

gonzo843

May 24, 2004
I had the same problems on my 05 250 when I put it on. I had to go down one on the pilot and one on the clip and then up one on the main. Seems to be ok now but I am still not impressed with Vforce.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I have one coming for my '04 KX 125, We'll see what kind of gains the v-force will give it. My bike is totally stock in the motor and I have the jetting dailed in. I don't expect massive power gains just some hopeful increase in throttle responce/snap. If it gets rid of the occasional bog I get from hard landings it was money well spent. If I have to change jetting then it's a trade off, I am using a non oem part. If I have to go up two on the main that would put me back at stock, I should have it this weekend and test it out on a sandy desert style track.

cr125-rm65

Oct 23, 2004
Hi studboy yeh that picture is how i read my plugs and no joke 1 down on main and it shows near same color as that plug but seems to lose power go up one and its a big darker but its a weapon, we use pump fuel over here as race fuel except for ELF is not allowed maybe that has someting to do with it i think the fuel i use is 98 octane and we have never had any dramas with engine explosions,, plus whats a good place to buy gear and parts from over in USA? we have purchased off pro-flo and found them fantastic to deal with :ride:

Top Bottom