1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
Anyone running one here?
I tried a search but not much info.

So far for motor mods all I have is:
Drilled holes in the air box lid - no noticeable change
Added FMF turbine core 2 silencer - no noticeable change
Added FMFgnarly desert pipe - holy crap is this thing awesome! Bike is much faster, and more responsive...

Now, anyone with similiar mods to these have the v-force 3?
Opinions?
Big difference?
Finicky to jet?
Worth it?

Thanks,
Phil Jensen

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Hiya 1ton,

We have the same year and model KDX... I haven't drilled holes in my airbox lid but aside from that, you've done all the same mods to your bike as I have done to mine. (The difference after adding the Gnarly Desert pipe is almost scary isn't it? :) )

I didn't go the V-Force route, but instead installed the Boyesen Rad valve. Maybe you'll see some of the same changes in performance after adding the V-Force equivalent.

First thing I noticed after adding the RAD valve was that the throttle response close to idle was much more precise "snappier" might be a good description... Everything within idle to 1/3 throttle was noticeably more responsive, with less of the slight lag in response that was evident before the installation.

Second thing I noticed is that the power delivery is much more predictable and "linear" with slightly less "hit" at midrange in the powerband though the bike still makes "slightly" more power in the top end. Keep in mind though that I think I am still running on the rich side (still using stock 42 pilot 145 main, clip in 3rd position from top) and making adjustments to lean it out just a bit might produce a stronger version of the previous midrange hit.

As it stands now though (since I am still a newb) I love the smooth closer-to-4stroke power delivery with 2stroke throttle response and since I'm not fouling plugs (still smoking a bit more than normal though) I'm happy :)

I think I paid around 130 for the RAD Valve and though that's not an inexpensive mod, and the change for me has been subtle, its been a very useful mod that I am certain has kept me rubber side down in low traction stuff a few times already due to smooth delivery of power...

As I get a bit better I will most definitely go leaner and find more power and a bigger midrange hit...

Hope this helps, and the info is applicable to the V-Force 3's

Feanor

Top Bottom