V-Force Delta or Boyesen Rad Valve?

DyehardX

Sep 18, 2002
I am looking at equiping my bikes with a new reed cage. I have a 2001 KX 250 and a 2000 KX 125. I am wondering which cage between the V-Force and the Boyesen would be the best bang for my buck. I read somewhere that Kawasaki did testing on the 2000 KX 125 with the V-Force in it and didn't notice much change. Please someone help so I don't waste my money!! The more opinions the better!!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i think it is often bike specific, you may want to consider a post on tuning possibilities for your bike in the mods and performance forum. At the end of the day though, these valves will cost about as much as porting. if you go for the porting you can chose the exact power characteristics you want

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I like the v force for the long reed life and (for most models)performace gain.I have heard the new boyesen is a match for the v force but i doubt the reeds will last as well.Steve125 has tried a new style boyesen i think but i cant remember his feelings-hopefully he will see this thread and post.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I installed a set on my 01kx250, i did notice that it pulled harder.. Pulled a little longer too.. WHat pipe are you using??
Rick

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
The rad valve on my bike gave a slight increase in bottom, and coupled with the pc pipe gave nice gains up top. The reeds last a while but will eventualy chip and lift off the cage leaving a gap. The rad valve also made my bike difficult to jet down low, there wasnt any definite lean/rich indications, just not the greatest throttle response in the low range.

02YZRulz

Nov 13, 2001
Dyehard,
From experience I can tell you that you will get a great bang for the buck with the V-Force. I put one on my 99 KX-250 and it immediately noticed the difference. After experimenting, I found the best setting to be on low tension. You will get instant throttle response, a big increase in the middle and decent over rev. The KX is notoriously a low to mid powerband and the v-force really wakes it up. I can't help you out with the 125. Good luck and keep us posted. Just my .02

Top Bottom