V-force II install and performance

bdav22

Mar 5, 2003
This is in follow up to an earlier post about the v-force system. I finally received my system and thanks to this forum, i knew how to take care of the fit problem. i used a flat file on the sides of the cage and took off just a little on both sides, then enlarged the mounting holes one size and BINGO! it went together very nicely. the ten minutes it took to modify the cage was well worth the results.WOW!!! the responce and low end power was unreal. i wasn't riding in an area that allowed wide open but since i race hare scrambles, low end is more what i'm looking for. my bike is a highly modified '99 kdx 220r. i really wasn't expecting a big difference because of the engine mods. Boy! was i wrong. i highly recommend it and THANKS to all of you who take the time to contribute your knowledge and those who aren't afraid to ask questions on this forum.

Bdav22
'99 kdx 220r
memphis, tn

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I had very similar results with mine this weekend... My friend couldn't pull away from me on his WR250 (two stroker), boy....he didn't like that! Also...we drag raced them and I beat him to 4th gear...ran out of room! He kept tweaking is WR to the point it overheated and wouldn't run! :)

Last edited:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have one of VF2s in my 250. It was a pain to install since you have to cut the fingers off the stock intake boot. But once that is done, it is installed.

The hit from those is killer on my bike (full ported, higher compression, intake and exhaust mods). When I finally got the jetting corrected, I let me friend ride the bike. he rides and older 200. He had ridden the bike before with the stock jetting and it had a lot of torque, but not a lot of snap. Not anymore! He came back and said the bike was nutz! You either spun the tire or the front end was in the air. No middle ground in any gear. That is the truth also.

bdav22

Mar 5, 2003
right now it's set on high tension. i want to spend a little time using it this way and then once i get a good feel for the high tension setting, i'll change to the lo tension. i am a little concerned about the reed life on the low setting. i'll let you know how it goes.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Great! A perfect approach (sez me).

It's good to hear a positive response, and better to know it comes from an open-minded person that won't take the 'hi is best on about all the bikes we've tried...' part.

Have fun!

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I looked in the denis Kirk catalog for the D V-force 2 reeds and found them but they didn't have any for a 96 or newer. I am positive delta makes reeds for newer bikes, Why wouldn't they? May Denis Kirk doen't cary them, Misprint maybe? I am interested in getting the reeds but I own a 98 200 heavily modified. How much did you guys pay for the reeds? What year are your bikes

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Go here:

http://www.mototassinari.com/

Get the part number. Then visit Rocky mountain. They should have the p/n listed on their site, if not call them up.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
No part number..... just look under "intake" in the online catalog, then "V-Force Delta 2 Reed Valves" , then click on "V-Force Delta 2 Reed Valves, Kawasaki KDX200 89-02" $133.99 and they usually ship the same day.

P.S... they also have them for KDX220 97-02 for the same price.

Last edited:

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
They have 'em cause they are the same thing! DK is OK if you like paying full retail for parts... I ALWAYS use rockymountainmc.com because they are cheaper and faster. :)

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
OK guys I got the DFII thanks to all of your posts.
I tried the low tension first and albeit wheelies were more controlled I did not feel a difference on my SX track. So I was bummed. Well I put it to high T today and oh Boy it did it for me. I have crisper response and more revs(like some flywheel weight has been removed) so when I land and in two bike lenghts I am jumping again I did not have to struggle so much to make it to the next down slope. I could easily over jump my stuff now.
I was specifically having problems on a 55 ft table top. I could only get the front wheel on the down slope and now I can consistently land the entire bike on the d-slope. I think maybe I am getting more over-rev than before. I only have a berm turn and then 50ft of run up to the ramp of this jump.
One pleased customer and thankful to the kdx forum since I did have to file the mounting holes out a bit.

wallasaki

May 23, 2002
If I were to make this alteration, what jets should I order w/ the DFll? A few leaner, or richer - or ride for a while then adjust? Sure could use some pep in the stock 2002 200.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Hi-- It's nice to see some feedback from someone using the DF2 in a 220. I see that the low side tension was not as great as the hi side for a 220. That has anwsered many of my questions about the DF2, i on the other hand have a Boysen Rad valve i can do every thing the hi side can do on the DF2 and i still have great bottom end torque. Thanks for listening I'm not here to rub anyone face in the dirt.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
Well mine is a 211cc to be exact born from the 200. This system is different than a pipe explanation of power or hit. I have experienced more crispness/quickness of rev instead of low end and I may have a bit of over rev/more speed but not like a pipe may give. I feel the entire power band is affected with the install of DFII.
I remember what it felt like to go from stock reeds to boyesen duals and this is sort of the same step in progression, but the next step up.
I used to think my 92 kdx was fast till I rode my 211 ported. The old 92 felt very much like the stock kx125 03 I rode a couple of days ago. Very sewing machine like. And the 92 has fmf and boyesen reeds. A DFII on it would probably make a big difference too. Hell man most things on kdx's are cheap to do while attaining big improvements.

As far as jetting is concerned stay with stock jetting and test after install. I feel I did not need to change on my already not-stock jetting.

Top Bottom