chbin

Dec 16, 2001
hey. I've got a 1988 TRX250X. I just rebuilt the topend and it ran fine for a while. Then it started stalling on me while descelerating. It runs very hot. It ran hot since the rebuild but the stalling didn't start untill I put a different muffler on it. The muffler isn't even made for this machine. Could this cause a problem like this? Also I checked the valve timing and I lined the "F" on the flywheel up instead of the "T". Fixed that and now it runs only with the choke on and it backfires. Only thing im sketchy about is the timing. I can't seem to get the lines lined up exact. On of the lines on the cam sprocket is alway off balance. When you move the chain up one tooth the other line is off balance. Does anyone know how to solve my problems?
Thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by chbin
Only thing im sketchy about is the timing. I can't seem to get the lines lined up exact. On of the lines on the cam sprocket is alway off balance. When you move the chain up one tooth the other line is off balance.

chbin.

You may have a excessively worn timing chain. Also, I would check the carb for a plugged pilot jet if the bike won't run without the choke on. As far as the problem with running hot after the rebuild, recheck your valve clearance, they may be too tight.

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom