YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Thanks Pred!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I still can't believe Wey doesn't have a factory ride. Amazing.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
XRpredator said:
Am I the only one that watched it?

I would have, if ESPN2 would have posted the correct times :pissed:

What happened to Ferry?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
rv6junkie said:
What happened to Ferry?

Didn't see the video, but lisetned on the web. I think Ferry went down on the first lap and was two or three laps down before he was able to restart.

In the 125's, Lange was running around 5th or so before he crashed pretty early in the race.

Shultzy

Sep 1, 2000
I was there. In the 125's Northrop, Lange, and another KXF rider ( E. Laughridge I think ) were leading
Ramsey. Lange's bike stalled in the rollers before the finish line jump. It took quite a while for him to get his bike going again and he dropped to almost dead last. Lange put in a great effort and got back up to 5th or 6th before he went over the handle bars in the killer woops. Lange got up quickly but couldn't restart his KXF. It was a real shame because I was looking forward to seeing a good battle between Lange and Ramsey. Both guys totally smoked everybody else in their heat races. Ramsey's KTM looked really good.

B

biglou

They showed a glimpse of Ferry going down. It looked pretty painful. He was all kinds of out of shape between a table and a single ( I think ).

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I was there also. Sweet race, but I was really hoping Lange would get first or second, but his damn bike wouldnt start. It would be nice to see the hometown guy win the main. Seeing RC ride was awesome and seeing Ferry walking around BC place was cool too, so I got my pic taken with him.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
NIK has been riding the wheels off his bike!
I'll bet some factorys are kicking them selfs in the arss :bang:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Yeah, RC was checking the tuff blocks for traction in case he needs it against Bubba... I watched that a half a dozen times, I don't think he even considered leting off the gas.

And as far as Nick,, I've got him as my computer back ground on his new white bike... I pick him for a top 10 in the AMA SX probably just ahead of the Rock, but maybe even beating Kdub.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Zoomer said:
I'll bet some factorys are kicking them selfs in the arss :bang:

I too hope Nick finds his Wey back into a factory semi soon.

But it looks like all the factories are delighted with their prospects. For yellow, green and blue its all about paying for RC, Chad and Bubba. And as far as red goes, 11 out of 20 in the 250 final were on Hondas. That's some good marketing right there, without paying another top rider salary.

john3_16

May 17, 2004
And as far as red goes, 11 out of 20 in the 250 final were on Hondas. That's some good marketing right there, without paying another top rider salary.

I guess these guys choose to ride a Honda because they need something that's going to hold up for the season since they don't have factory support...

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
marcusgunby said:
Just watched the first SXGP and i felt RC was fast as usual but IMO i think reed would have been faster.

Agreed, RC didn't look smooth last 2 races like he does in MX. Looks a little off.

Thank the MX Gods for Reed and Bubba this coming year or we would had some boring races up front again.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Just watched the first SXGP and i felt RC was fast as usual but IMO i think reed would have been faster.

Absolutely. I watched this with a nurse that wasn't exactly familiar with, but interested in, the sport---who obviously thought RC was awesome, looked unbeatable, etc. But again, it was clear to me that he had nothing on Reed. I've seen them race in person, and the difference is just that more dramatic (or was when I saw them). I think RC takes the bronze this year. I'm actually rooting for him, particularly since I want to see him win something for Suzuki, but I don't think he can.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I agree with you. No way you can tell whos faster just by watching them go around a track at there speeds unless there all on the track at the same time. To say one is faster then the other just because he looks smooth or fast, does not tell much. It all plays out in January :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom