Kornholio

Jul 11, 2001
Hi, just picked up an 99 yz250, what can I say this is a great bike, but whilst I was riding a buddy pointed out vapour, steam and moisture coming out of the left hand pv vent hose. I had washed the bike just after I stripped to the frame to grease every thing up when I bought it. Bike runs well, if a little rich, makes good power, does not give out a lot of smoke, seems to be holding coolant level fine, so I was thinkng this is nothing to worry about. I just wanted to check what you guys thought, is this normal?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Eh, calm down, calm down scouse lad!:)

its normal for pressure from the cylinder to be vented throught that tube. if it was steam though, it sounds like you got a bit of water up there during the washing so you want to try not to do that next time.

Kornholio

Jul 11, 2001
lol, I haven't had that joke before honest, :-)
Okay, thanks for the info, I'll be more careful next time, me thinks when wahing it.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
come on mate, ive been in the states for nearly 4 years, i miss all that stuff. we do get the Fast show once in a while though...this week, we have been mainly eating.....bourbon biscuits, LOL!:)

its a great bike, next time you do the topend, check on the bolts that hold down the plate that keeps the main PV in place- a simple mod is to put some wider washers underneath to stop the flex. if its rich, try a smaller pilot first, maybe a 48 or 45

cheers

Bruce

Kornholio

Jul 11, 2001
Ha, the fast show has finished now over here :(
Do you get back to the uk often?

I'll bear it in mind about the flex, is this a porblem on the bike, or does it just help with the power? I had a quick look at the carb, and cant see the airscrew, whereabouts is it on these carbs?

Thanks for your help bruce.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom