Variety Riders H/S at BR on 10-7-07

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Who's showing up for this one, a nice rain shower before the race would be good.
Word is that after the race you can ride the rest of the day at the park for free!!!!!!
Early race start for the big bike also, check this site.

http://www.varietyriders.net/page7.html

Thanks to the club for following threw on the race :cool:

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Ottawa is my "Homecoming"
I have been riding there since 1984...

I'll be there!

Attachments

• 1984.jpg
    1984.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 144

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
I ripped my Left radiator apart like an accordian 4 min into it
40 b was like a " $ 10,000 SX Dash for cash"

My apologies if I ran anyone over.
To qoute GNCC'er Justin Williams
"Protect you,Protect your bike and everyone else will have there problems too"

I forgot about the bike part....
DNF.

mac75

Sep 9, 2007
just wanted to let you know what I learned from todays race..... arrows ... tape arrows ....tape..... and more arrows..... I learned to appreciate all the extra taping wardy does at a fvor race today... It seemed every trail that we had that meet another trail was run through and the arrows missed... everybody i sent to check the course found their way find... but nobody ran it at speed! at speed I learned people stay on the trail and miss arrows ... next year I promise!!!!!!!!!! more arrows and more tape ... thanks everybody who came and sorry you guys r suffering through my learning curve... It will get better!!! Smudge I think next year will be my right hand man and make sure I don't mess up! thanks everydody..

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Today was great, I got there at 7:00 and rode the course. I taped as much as I could, went back and got another roll.

Some people had a good race some had a not so good race.

I helped tons of guys over logs, pushed them trough mud and up hills
My tool bag came into play for the guys that needed brakes bleed, spark plugs and other parts.

Wardy, I know how much work you put into your races now.
OMG :yikes:

BR's white sand, grey clay and other parts are something else to ride.

I hope that northern IL can keep these areas open for H/S and enduros in the future.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I didnt break it. but I cant bend my arm yet. My leg hurts worse though. Fell on my thigh and think I landed on a stick or rock.

mac75, your arrow job wasnt bad it just had one bad spot I remember right after the woods check. Dont worry I have seen alot worse than that. I have done a HS once before and I know how hard it is. As a matter of fact it was at BR about 6 years ago. Fredette was in charge of it and me and my buddy and him stayed there Friday Saturday and Sunday setting up the course. I was wondering if maybe you where not givin too much time to set up because it seemed like the trail was kinda short and didnt use some good parts of the park. Honeslty I was bummed you used so much of that ridge area up front. That snotty clay isnt any fun, I know it would be impossible to not use any of it, but I was having a bad day I guess. Also alot of us where looking forward for some of that moto track threw in for some change of pace. Next year I plan on not racing so serious, and slowing down and having some fun not getting beat to crap. Smudge knows me so you let me know and I will help with the race next year if you need it.

Thanks for working out a deal with the gate fee problem also.

TOOOO TALL

Mar 20, 2007
I was with jsned,

The trail that I walked during the race was reallty tight its so cool to see the fast guys come threw there.
I have some pics can't figure out how to upload to this post

Dist1740b

~SPONSOR~
Jun 17, 2000
Djj
Can you post the results?

Too tall, you can upload your pictures when you post
just scroll down till you see "Manage attachments"
you have to resize them first if there to big.

djj

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 18, 2003
Dist1740b said:
Djj
Can you post the results?

Too tall, you can upload your pictures when you post
just scroll down till you see "Manage attachments"
you have to resize them first if there to big.

Sorry I don't have the results, I do have a lot of used ribbon. :laugh:

Top Bottom