SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
At 6:00 P.M. E.D.T.

darylZero

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks for the heads up.

I thought Speed was broadcasting the event live tonight but it looks like they cancelled the live broadcast.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I personally was wanting to see J Lawrence get smoked........ where was he? (I missed it on TV.)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I personally was wanting to see J Lawrence get smoked........ where was he? (I missed it on TV.)

JLaw pulled off about 1/2 way through the race. I think he was in 6th or 7th.

FWIW, they had Grant Langston on the webcast and he said JLaw is a legit threat to win the outdoor title. He said the dude has been tearing it up in outdoors practice. Not bad praised from the defending champ.

BTW, Langston busted his collar bone last week and is out AGAIN.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
so who will be Stewart's opposition this summer? Windham and Reed have a "SX-only" contract, I heard?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
BTW, Langston busted his collar bone last week and is out AGAIN.
He's no Chad! The warrior would run it.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Pokie said:
so who will be Stewart's opposition this summer? Windham and Reed have a "SX-only" contract, I heard?

Alessi! You heard it here first.

Ferry, Millsaps and Short should get top 5, with Josh Hill knocking on the door and ready to capitalize in the event of injury.

BTW, Short capitalized on Davi's mistake to secure 3rd for the race and the series. After a slow start, Andrew had a pretty good year in SX.

Last edited:

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
KW should run the outdoors, I thought he only said he wasn't because no one wanted to pay him to do it. You'd think with his SX performance this year that somebody would want to make that investment now.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okiewan said:
He's no Chad! The warrior would run it.

The warrior's extensive injuries rarely require plates or casts, so we may never know.

I guess Langston may still be having vision problems, too. He said the Docs were still trying to figure out what was up with that. Seemed potentially career threatening.

As far as his collar bone breaking crash, he says he does not remember it. He was apparently at peak speed on one of Glen Helen's longest downhills and got bucked off. That's some serious high speed. He could not say if his vision problem contributed to the crash since he blacked out. They are plating the collar bone, and he did not say when he would be back.

He sounded pretty bummed not to be able to defend the #1 plate, and he said his defense was over before it started, so it sounds like he will miss at least a few rounds.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
funktree said:
KW should run the outdoors, I thought he only said he wasn't because no one wanted to pay him to do it. You'd think with his SX performance this year that somebody would want to make that investment now.

While Kdub came in 2nd in SX, and he never finished less than 5th, on several occasions his last few laps were not very strong. Maybe he just doesn't think he has the stamina to ride outdoors anymore.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
dirt bike dave said:
After a slow start, Andrew had a pretty good year in SX.
For just stepping off the 250F, I thought he did well on the big bikes. :cool:

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
HiG4s said:
Maybe he just doesn't think he has the stamina to ride outdoors anymore.

You are probably right, the nationals are a hell of a physical commitment. I just want KW to stay in a good head space, he seems to ride so much better when he is relaxed and happy, having to train his ass off all summer might bring him down again.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Pokie said:
so who will be Stewart's opposition this summer?

Himself. The outdoors should be a cake walk for JBS IFF a) he has recovered from his 2007 injuries and b) he doesn't wad it up and injure himself again...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom