MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm going to order a new top end kit for my bike '02 YZ125, I'm going to get a Vertex kit. The piston with the lightening holes is the one with window on the skirt right? I just need to make sure I order the right one I've never order a vertex kit before. I'm going to mail order it so I doubt they'll have '02 stuff in yet, '01 kit should work just the same i'm pretty positive on that. Anything i'm missing? I know its size B cylinder so it will take the B piston. I was looking on sudco's site but the info isn't new enough. I just looking for some re assurance so I don't waste money to find out it won't work. Thank guys - you always rule.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
MXP the widow and the holes are 2 different things-the window is the hole in the intake skirt of the piston-the lightening holes are around the wrist pin area.If you have the piston without the window you may get more bottom but a bit less midrange.The lightening holes are another aspect of the piston which will alter the crankcase compression(more compression)this may also give more bottom with less top but im not positive as not all engines react the same to these alterations.If you like the perormance of the engine now i would get the vertex with a window and lightening holes-if you want more bottom go for the one without the window.Dont forget to report your findings.

F3504X4

Nov 7, 2001
From what i understand about vertex, is that they have two types, racing and O.E.M.
oem last longer from what i here,i have the standard or oem.
some of my friends have them and love them.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Clairfy

The piston with the lightening holes around the wrist pin area will decrease the crank case preasure causing the loss of low end power.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom