Vet Fest at Red Bud

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
This coming weekend starting the 20th. My gang's racing. There's probably a few that are going from here. Vintage Bob? PM me if you are going. I may only do a day trip but the gang will be staying I'm sure.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
oldguy said:
Are you coming over to Aztalan for the Sept race?

The 11 & 12th - It depends on a couple of pros that we ride with. If they go my sons will go to race, and I will tag along. I'm pretty sure Byron, Ill. is happening. Nick is racing that series for the money. Our big trip in Sept is MX Nations :cool:

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah Bob, like I said previously. The Vet Fest series will also be at Byron, Ill. and Aztalan. Was wondering if you were going to RB this coming weekend?

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Saturday is the race, Sunday is open practice, and Friday open early with practice on the pro track?

Yes, that's correct. The youngsters are headed down today after work. I'm busy today so I think I'll get down there tomorrow by noon and probably not stay overnight. That may change if there's room in my friends 5th wheel and I'm too tired to drive home.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
By the BBall court, 5th wheel w/858 on the side, a few ford trucks. If you make it swing by.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Haha, it rained, again on vet fest. I still may buzz up and spectate today, but practice tomorrow is looking good, for me! Bball court at the bud? You must be talking about the whoops section?

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Haha, it rained, again on vet fest. I still may buzz up and spectate today, but practice tomorrow is looking good, for me! Bball court at the bud? You must be talking about the whoops section?

It was the BEST! Sure it rained a little, and the first motos were soup - so what. The seconds motos were boss and my kid took 4th overall, heck I told him just try and don't fall in the muck. The second day I ran a silent auction and 50/50 for rider down and that was a major hit. The place was packed for open ride day and it was beeeeeatiful....No I was camped out in staff parking across for the little playground/bball court. I was working while my kids were playing. Work all day - bench with Gene at night. Can't beat it except now it's Monday :p

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I had it figured for a perfect track Saturday. Gene sure lost a bunch of weight! Kids in the vet races, that sure sounds familiar for some reason? Now if I can get my dirt act together for Byron. Pics man, come on with it!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Aztalan is adding a new class for the Senior race on Saturday September 11. It is 35 years and older (rider) 125s only One moto winner gets a beer
the requirements to race it
1. Anyone over 30
2. Any ability level
3. Must be on a 125cc
4. 225# or heavier can run a 144cc or 150cc
5. All entrants must drink a beer after the race together

This is how it came about

http://wisconsinmx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6050

http://wisconsinmx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6207

here is some of the guys and what they are bringing to race (and drink)
http://wisconsinmx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6329&st=0

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I love the old guy/beer class!

When is the Byron race? I'll be back that way after the 31st. Any links? (Quick search didn't help much, too many Veteran Festivals out there.)

Thanks! Ken W.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
The 11th is a Vintage MX show yes? Aztalan is the 11th for Vetfest. This 125 thing is too much. I could dust off a few 125s but running them would be another story. If the boys will go I may go for it, but it'll be a last place-roll the jumps, stay to the inside type of deal. Probably won't happen...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Now its all clear, timing is everything. That weekend my daughter has a combined birthday party planned for herself and I, and I moved it from Friday already. The alcohol I could have danced around, but the 125, and being cheap to maintain baffle me. The guy who brought up the part about trying to satisfy everyone, eh? Yet there is tomorrow, I do know how to make a 125 sing, and I can find a sap to do my drinking and driving in Wisconsin! Dave, do you know when Byron is running their vet race? They were never big on answering the phone or emails, well in 06 anyways.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I will likely be flying, (as my van is in Iowa now,) or I'd bring my YZ125. May be mini-bike racing that weekend, (z50's and XR70's, 80's & 100's, at an invitation-only z50 Nationals,) but will try to make it to Byron.

Thanks for the info guys! :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…