FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
Vor's 2002 models can be seen at Vor website .

Bikes look very cool!! Enduro bikes dry weight is 118 kg. Ít seems bit high. Or they don't measure their bikes weights in moon like some manufactorers do..

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
Wow!! now they are prettier than ever!!!
That front disk is begging for protection, although they use a regular one in the Enduro models (someone is thinking at VOR).

Did you notice that the Vertematti brother named their bike VR? It must be to confuse everyone. BTW, these Bros dumped their Mecano frame for a perimeter one, much like VOR. I guess noone carried their frames in the car trunk.

FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
That front disk is begging for protection, although they use a regular one in the Enduro models (someone is thinking at VOR).

If you look at specification of enduro models you'll see that also enduro´s have wave rotors too although picture has regular.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
They are in production now. Two will be in Colorado for the Colorado 500 at the end of the month. After the Colorado 500, one MIGHT be at Fun Wheels as a demo for a bit. If it can stay, It will be the VOR 450 Enduro version. ( I said might..right?) I'm certain someone will find out and post the details...:)

I'll pass on what I know as it happens. Right now I wish I had the extra bucks to grab one of the 2001 400 V- Crosses! Want that old frame with the high air box for trail riding. After riding the 503 that 400 felt like a 125! Lighter feel...less abrupt motor, just an awesome trail/enduro bike. I wouldn't trade away my 503 but the 400 would get more ride time if I had one. VOR kept that 400 motor for 2002 as well. Guess they have a 400, 450, and 530 in the enduro bikes. Electric start and oil pump are on the enduro's, but NOT the MX models as I understand it. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!.:)

Dirt bike has an article on the new Vertimatti. Pretty interesting. On that Vertimatti you have to take the seat off to fill the gas tank. The lower center of gravity and more flexible ergonomics is the gain. Check out how the Vertimatti frame intersects the steering head. Interesting stuff. One thing Vertimatti knows how to do is build a bueatiful looking bike.

Dirt Bike did mention Massimo Monte and Antonio Rovelli who are STILL running VOR in this article. They covered accuratly how VOR and Vertimatti went different ways. Massimo Monte and Antonio Rovelli came from Yamaha and Honda of Italy. Cool folks. And avid riders as well. They also bring a business sense to VOR and don't have trouble getting capital when required. Lots of credibility with those guys. These VOR guys are going to around a while. :)

Last edited:

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
weimedog, any idea what list price will be? Called my local dealer, well kind of local, two hours away. He had no info on them, and has not called me back.
Would like to test the 400 enduro, almost bought a KTM with the E button glad I didnt now. Will have to wait a while longer.

Bill

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
My dealer should know early next month. I'll ask and pass it on. Email me.:)

There will be a 400 option along with the 450 and 530.

bultaco290

May 10, 2001
their is a dealer here in louisville Ky that has serveral 2001's demo and new
and he's getting 2002's in about 2 weeks, I think the name is PVP cycles..
He will let you demo ride any of them if you want too, cool guy

tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
The Vor enduro bikes sure look like the bike to own. The new bikes have ALL the right parts in pretty much the right place. 260 lbs is acceptable for an e-start 4-stroke that can actually be raced/ thrashed and stay together. From the information I've gathered over the last 6 monthes, I have learned that the VOR is a very reliable bike and is well put together. I think I've found a suitable replacement for my trusty TM enduro bike.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I wonder if the new perimeter frame is smaller. The older frame had a large, long feel to it. My dealer sells VOR, so I'll find out soon. Your right , very well made bikes. Its going to be an interesting year for four strokes.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Think you will find that not only is it smaller but it carries the weight much lower to the ground. Also the radiators/gas tank arraingment is narrower. For the eastern Woods / Enduro types the 400 is the way to go. :)

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
VOR claims they can send out any replacement part from the factory in48 hours to any where in the world. has anybody had any issues getting parts?
The dealer I have close to me is not going to carry the ATK or VOR line-up so I might have to take VOR up on this If nobody will have parts close by.
It might be a reason to get a VOR vs. a KTM. I have heard the KTM parts are hard to get and expensive.
Just wondering.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
KTM parts prices are out of line. Also, if your dealer doesn't have a good stock of his own, forget about at least a week of riding. My buddy waited over 2 weeks for a radiator. They seem to have too many back orders on common parts. Its not a bad situation, but should be better considering the infastructure. GasGas and Husky are much better with pricing and fast service. I think they are trying harder for a market share, as is VOR.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I broke a sub-frame in an altercation with mother earth. VOR had two to me within a week. One steel and one aluminum. We have a good dealer here. bsmith Let me know if you need stuff. I might be able to help. I also ordered a new Enduro style airfilter for my V-cross and it also arrived within a week.

VOR parts supply will get even better soon. They are making a large effort to make us Yankee's happy.:)

I also had experience with Husqvarna parts and found them MUCH better during the year 2000 than from previous years. Both in price and supply. Hall's Husqvarna/Gas Gas were great to work with as was Letko and Bill's Cycle plus for Husky parts. Mikes KTM had stuff the main guys didn't have for my kids older KTM. They were very pleasent and I had a piston in two days for a 1989 KTM 250. So I guess it depends on who you call. Our local Husqvarna dealer in Denver was useless.

Funny thing is I have to ORDER parts for my Honda's. We have three. A 1988 CR125, 1995CR125, and 1989 XR100. Everytime I do ANYTHING with those bikes other than levers and handle bars its a two-three week wait. Unless I mail order same as my eurobikes. So where is the advantage?:scream:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Thanks for the replies,
Our Honda Dealer is the same way. If I want anything it's always 7-9 working days. I couldn't even get stock tires for my 4 wheeler and it was only a year old. They wanted $85 or 90 bucks a tire plus shipping. I went to Discount Tire co and they had tires in stock and for about $60 bucks each.
I have always had Honda's xr80, xr100, xr200, xr 250 and xr500 but latley the service is not there unless your a MX racer so I think it's time to move on to a company that wants the business, and that will come from the underdog trying to enter the market like VOR or Cannondale.

I really like the VOR's, I just hope I can justify 2-3grand more for a bike when I don't ride a tremendous amount.

VOR 492

Feb 18, 2001
VOR PARTS

I have owned a VOR for about two years now, have never had a problem getting parts (The few I have needed). Its been a very well built dependable bike. And the parts prices are very reasonable unlike the price of the KTM parts.

Been looking to get a new bike, this 2002 looks very interesting. Will be looking at them as soon as they hit the showrooms.

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Yeah, all the Honda dealers here are mainly street bike shops. For XR parts it was pay up front and wait 2 weeks. GGNA and especially Jim Cook at SMS has been great with the few things I did need. KTM is a crap shoot. I became very disenchanted after they blew me off when my 300 EXC subframe cracked. They wanted me to send them the part for evaluation and wait for the new one to come off backorder. I welded it instead and then bought a GasGas. I hope VOR comes out with a 250 stroker to compare to the GasGas and Husky. One of these little Euro thumpers is in my future. I like the smaller company/importer customer service, like GGNA or FBF and what I hear of VOR. Got a question, call 'em and ask, and the're happy to help. KTM only wants to talk through dealers, and as we know, really good dealers are few.

Top Bottom