Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Does anyone know any good VOR websites showing their models and other information?

------------------
Yes it's fast...........No, you can't touch it!

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
I met a local trail rider in the woods with one. Its built very well, but is a BIG motorcycle. He said it was also very stiff in stock trim. This guy was huge as well, so it fit him good.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

------------------

Josh Cook

Oct 6, 2000
I have read that the stock enduro trim is a lot softer than the MX. Which was he on??
I wonder what a 5'10" 215lbs person would fit like on one??????
I hope to find out...

------------------

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I saw one at the National Enduro in Louisiana. Jack Shidlemier (sp?), the ATK dealer in South Alabama was riding one. It was a 400 Enduro model. I sat on it, and it felt light and small. It didn't see huge to me at all. Seemed like a nice bike. Jack loved it better than his ATKs. (That's not hard to believe
wink.gif
)

oilfieldtrash

Nov 29, 2000
Josh, I moved to bakersfield last year, we have a great dealer, he let me race a local dez race this past winter, and have ridden it several times, very good bike,he also does suspension work and his is nice and soft for higher speed dez work, he just got in a new 503 v cross and will ride that soon, if they had that e-button like my 520 I would consider buying one.

------------------
Y2K KTM 520 EXC
69 HD FLH
46 HD WL

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
Josh,

It was the 503 enduro model, one of the first ones the dealer got. This guy was about 6'3", 260+. I sat on it, and another 503 MX bike at the dealer, and they feel long to me. I can't say for sure if it was actually too stiff becauce I didn't ride it. This guy was just a casual trail rider and our local terrain is like rock hell, so maybe its OK at higher speeds and/or in more average conditions.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

------------------

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
The 2001 Enduro I rode is pretty soft. But the 400 would be the best bet for East Coast..The 503 is better out here in the West. Also ask your dealers, but I believe you can get one of three spring rates for those things. I know Paioli has several rates available. I was able to order the stiffest spring rates for mine. Its right for me but many would hate my setup.

( I used to pay through the nose to get done to my Honda's what I got stock on this thing )

------------------
2001 VOR503 V-Cross
1982 husqvarna XC430
1974 Bultaco Frontera 360
6 Kids, Four Ride, 3 race. (cr125, yz80, 2 KX125's)
Case 780, INT 1066, Ford LTL9000...and a Percheron

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
weimedog,

Thats cool, I'm glad you like the bike. I love bikes like that, limited production with quality materials. If I see the guy again this season I'll try to ride it. Another thing I noticed is it starts very easy for a big thumper. My biggest problem is I'm not that big and don't fit big frame bikes well, especially in technical rocky terrain. I do like 4-strokes though, and will probably get a GG FSE when there out for a year and have any initial bugs worked out.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

Mudshark

Jul 26, 2000
I'm riding a 503 enduro this weekend. I ride a Gas Gas 300 normally.
From what I've seen, the VOR is quality workmanship a little on the big side. I will be riding it in tight woods in Florida so we'll see what the performance is for this terrain. I think the engine was designed by John Deere. It does have awsome power! If I survive the ride I'll post my lame opinion here next week. This thing is exoctic:eek:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Bet thats going to be an adventure. The 503 Enduro has tons of power. Almost too much at times! The bull in a china shop analogy comes to mind! The 400 would be my choice for the tight stuff...but a guy out here chose a 503 as well for the tight rocky mountain trails. To each his own...hope you have fun! ( Think I'm getting too old!)

Last edited:

FlyingFinn

Oct 25, 1999
I'm seriously considering Vor to be my next bike. I saw one in Finnish Motorcycle exhibition. It was amazing. It looks very trick and quality seems very good.

Top Bottom