Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
from racer-x

July 30, 2002

Vuillemin Out for the Season

Team Yamaha motocross rider David Vuillemin will be forced to sit out the remainder of the Motocross season due to a broken shoulder.

An MRI today showed that his shoulder blade is broken. A small piece of bone is broken off and floating around, causing pain and allowing the shoulder to pop out when moved in certain ways.

It seems the injury actually happened prior to Daytona and he has been riding with a broken shoulder blade ever since. It was healing, but the crash at the Troy Motocross re-injured it. David had an MRI back in March when he was forced to miss the Daytona round but the doctor who read the MRI overlooked the break. David got the opinion of 3 different doctors here to make sure it was in fact broken and that surgery was necessary.

David's doctors feel that he should have surgery to clean out shoulder and repair it properly. If he doesn't have the surgery, it won't heal properly and the shoulder would continue to move out of place.

"For the first time in my life I will have surgery," said Vuillemin from his home in France earlier today. "I am not happy about it, but if that is what I need to do to make it better and be ready for '03 then I am going to do it." Recovery should take 6-8 weeks.

David Vuillemin is on contract with Yamaha to ride Supercross and Motocross through 2003, along with teammates Tim Ferry and Chad Reed.

Top Bottom