Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
This was going on back earlier in the year, not sure where this topic is now regarding the use of ORV's in Washington. Read the below link and you will see an invitation for all of us to vote him out of office. I'm sure there are enough motorsports fans in the great state of Washington to make his wish come true.

http://blogs.king5.com/upfront/archives/2007/03/making_noise_th.html

rennat_2006

Dec 23, 2007

wileyE

Jul 6, 2003
Development has killed more dirt riding in WA than any bunnyhugging politics IMO. New homes go in next to the area and it's the beginning of the end.

Growing up McCord and ft lewis land was an awesome place to ride. Home security shut that down.

Weyerhauser and timber co. land was unlimited also. Garbage dumping and sue happy quad parents got that shut off.

DNR land, still open, but budgeting plays a big role in closure. Managing it has grown more costly with salmon stream protection and enviromental concerns. The key to keeping DNR lands open is to make sure the legislator allocate ALL orv money back into the system. This has been a problem in the past.

rennat_2006

Dec 23, 2007
Developement is the main problem down here too, Kennewick, Wa.

But if that bill the Kline was pushing past it would have made the developement even more of a problem! From how i understood it your neighbor could call the cops on you if you had to mow your yard if you had a big enough yard and the noise from your lawnmower could be heard for the 45 minutes or whatever it was!

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
rennat_2006 said:
But if that bill the Kline was pushing past it would have made the developement even more of a problem! From how i understood it your neighbor could call the cops on you if you had to mow your yard if you had a big enough yard and the noise from your lawnmower could be heard for the 45 minutes or whatever it was!

The noise legislation co-sponsored by Kline (Senate Bill 5544) last session only applied to ORV's.

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
wileyE said:
Weyerhauser and timber co. land was unlimited also.

Weyerhauser has not allowed offroad motorcycle use on their land since the 1970's.

wileyE said:
The key to keeping DNR lands open is to make sure the legislator allocate ALL orv money back into the system. This has been a problem in the past.

This is still a problem and will continue until the voters of Washinton get rid of the Democrat majority in the State House of Representative and State Senate.

The State constitution requires that the gas tax collected for fuel that is not used on state highways must be refunded. Instead of a direct refund, in the early 1970's the funds were "refunded" into the NOVA (Non-highway and Offroad Vehicle Activities) account. over the years, more and more of these NOVA funds have been spent on non motorized projects.

The Northwest Motorcycle Association has spent tens of thousands to fight this in court. The most recent ruling was by a state court of appeals and they ruled that a "refund" is still a "refund" even if you do not "refund" the money to the same group of people that you collected it from.

Sounds like complete nonsense and the next step would the before the Washington State Supreme Court. Unfortunately there are two problems. The Supreme Court does not hear all of that cases brought before it. They get to pick and chose and so far they have not selected to hear this case. The second problem is if the State Supreme court did select to hear this case, the Northwest Motorcycle Association would have to figure a way to come up the the over $100K that it would cost.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Tod said:
The most recent ruling was by a state court of appeals and they ruled that a "refund" is still a "refund" even if you do not "refund" the money to the same group of people that you collected it from.

:whoa: How is that a refund? Sounds more like the old shell game to me.

Steve

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
splatt said:
:whoa: How is that a refund? Sounds more like the old shell game to me.

Steve

Gotta ask the judge :bang:

Totally political motivated BS as far as I am concerned :yell:

It is so obviously political that Democrat/leftist majority on our State Supreme court don't want to touch it. They know that to uphold the constitution they would have to overturn the lower court decisions.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom