Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've set-up a new site for testing/playing with the new core software that will power the next version of the forums. Keep in mind, this is the base stuff, no mods yet, the layout, colors, displays will change as time goes by. All I'm really looking for now is some feedback on features, lack of features, etc.

You will need to join to use the board, the database here is NOT connected to the new software.

Please go thru the whole deal and mess with it. There are forums set-up to post comments/suggestions, etc.

Thanks!

http://209.197.247.229/forum/

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
It would not let me post or even register when I tried to do that. I had a lot of trouble navigating, although it could be my outdated computer. Just comparing it to navigating around DRN, it was way slow. I could not open up Whyzee's Ugly Pictures of Self, so now I'm curious. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
It seemed pretty much just like the current software other than the colors.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
One of my Evil Minions sent me a private message, but I cannot open it from the link that came in the email

for that matter, I cannot open a thread from the email link either.

probably because it's a test dealio, eh?:confused:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Be careful in there, Rich just spilt a concoction of race fuel, and HAZMAT is on the scene. :eek:
Looks good, Okie. minor stuff, but I'll keep running in and doing some bata checks.
Sorry you didn’t like the bike wash. I know better! :p

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Green Horn
It seemed pretty much just like the current software other than the colors.

So far after a couple of minutes...

- Multiple attachments in a post. Multiple attachment file types (doc,txt,pdf...). Cumulative size of all attachments cannot exceed a relatively small byte count.
- Multiple thread subscription options.
- IMG tag displays inline images.
- Thread preview tooltip popup

Keep snooping...

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by Smit-Dog

So far after a couple of minutes...

- Multiple attachments in a post. Multiple attachment file types (doc,txt,pdf...). Cumulative size of all attachments cannot exceed a relatively small byte count.
- Multiple thread subscription options.
- IMG tag displays inline images.
- Thread preview tooltip popup

Keep snooping...

Yeah well blah blah blah. :laugh: I guess that's why I didn't notice too much. Other than posting smartass comments and using smilies, I don't do much else on these boards. :) So I guess you could say that the new beta testing works well for smartasses and smilies. :confused:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
No avatars available? Do you have to "re-subscribe"...I only registered....

Top Bottom