Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
But, I'm finally getting somewhere with the new version of DRN.

Short story;
The forums core software is called vBulletin.
Since the beginning of DRN, we've used it and I've hacked it to death adding a LOT of features not found in the core software.
This means I've not wanted to "upgrade" as time went by, in fact this current version is nearly 12 updates behind.
Now the core code has been completely re-written, and is MUCH better from a resource and maint. level. Many of the hacks have been integrated into the code, but it still lacks a lot of stuff I have to re-do.

I got the database importing done yesterday, so all members/posts/PMs/Permissions, etc. are ported over. I have not touched the layout/interface, that will happen last. Colors, etc, none of those changes have even been thought about.

I'm looking for 10 or so folks to help beta test the FUNCTION of the new site. I'm not looking for layout/looks comments, rather comments on how everything works, any errors, etc.

If you are interested, please post here.

I'll take the first 10 that volunteer

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
If you need a computer idiot I'm your guy :thumb:
I can tell if something works or not and if I like it. If that helps

Last edited:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I know very little about software coding, but if you end up short on peeps let me know and I'll help.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll help, I've got one more week here

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I got your Beta :moon: :moon: ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Elk's still playing with his Beta? I bet he's got an 8 track in his El Carrustbucket, too!

Yup, with 6 inch speakers duct taped to the back glass, that silver mirror fade on the back window and fuzzy dice on the read view.

It is reputed that he has a chopped and channeled dipstick, a chrome third member cover and high compression valve covers underneath all the visual sparkle. :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Bite my arse you two jerkys! Nothing wrong with playing with your Beta, just gotta know when to quit.;) :yeehaw: GIDDY UP!!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hey Elk ... Why is that peeps instead of perps in your sig line? :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Cause peeps pay me to catch perps.;)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

It is reputed that he has a chopped and channeled dipstick, a chrome third member cover and high compression valve covers underneath all the visual sparkle. :p

It is confirmed. :thumb: :laugh: :laugh:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
All this Elk post in here is almost getting me in the mood to play again. :confused:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by VintageDirt
All this Elk poo in here is almost getting me in the mood to play again. :confused:

Mmmmmmmm :p

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
And... it's broken!

I did it. Should be back soon (won't let anyone log-in)
Billy did it!!! :p

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
Short story;
The forums core software is called vBulletin.
Since the beginning of DRN, we've used it and I've hacked it to death adding a LOT of features not found in the core software.
This means I've not wanted to "upgrade" as time went by, in fact this current version is nearly 12 updates behind.
Now the core code has been completely re-written, and is MUCH better from a resource and maint. level.

Boy, do I understand that comment. I have AutoCAD 14 still on my computer and have 2000 and 2002 that I haven't loaded yet and will likely upgrade to 2004 this summer. I have got to get onto the newer software. My custom front end for AutoCAD works sooooo well with AutoCAD 14, I hate to move up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom