Resolution

Apr 22, 2007
Yup, I'm that guy... Need to know what bike would be a good fit for me. I grew up riding dirt bikes and I miss it for obvious reasons. I used to ride regularly but that was many years ago and I'm anxious to jump back in.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)

// I'm 6'2", 200 pounds, and 28 years old.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?

// I'm very physical, aggressive and active. I know i can handle a lot, but power is not as important to me as just a solid, great running bike.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????

// Mainly woods, trails, and minimal track.

4) Do you have any riding experience?

//yes, just not in the last 5 + years.

5) Do you think you will race ?

//No

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?

//Minimal, but wanting to learn and do my own maintenance.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?

//I have no preference. I grew up on 2 strokes, and have logged some time on track with a 4 stroke. I guess I would like maybe a few suggestions for both...?

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?

//Yes, yamaha locally, and a host of dealers within 200 miles if necessary.

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?

//less than $2500 intially.

10) Do you live in California?

//no

11) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

//I live in the mtn's of colorado and am anxious to explore and have fun. I know a lot has changed in the last 6 years with dirt bikes in general so I'm anxious to get some solid feedback. As I mentioned above I'm really looking for a solid trustworthy bike. I'm also curious about older bikes and such, what I should be asking if looking at an older bike, adv..., disv...etc..

Thanks, and all input is appreciated.

Great site! Nice work...

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My take from your answers is you want a solid bike but it will need to perform as well or you are going to be left wanting somewhat. With that in mind and given the limited budget to start I'd shy away from the 4 strokes that I would normally have recommended like the WR250/450F or the Honda CRF250/450X. I think in the 2 strokes I'd recommend a KTM200/250 EXC, very good woods weapon and not completely out of it's realm on a track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom