gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
just wanted to kjnow if anyone had any updates about cooperland.
are we gonna have city power in the pits? more porta potties?
is it too early to start a list of sponsors? just lookin for anything new out there... :thumb:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
As far as track updates, I think I heard that Brownie will make the big track more "user friendly" this year, i.e. cut out the step-up :uh: I had also heard that Brownie might work on getting some electric hook-ups in the pits. Maybe someone else knows for sure?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Like I said, I'm not sure about any of that. Maybe they're just intending to cut out the step-up for several classes, than run another portion of the track with the step-up for the Pro races. That sounds like a better idea to me, since there are some crazy people that jump the step-up on purpose and like it :scream: :scream:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You are almost close Stan ... going around the step-up will be optional by class, meaning, they'll vote rather or not to keep it in.

1) Electrical. I know Kris wants to get it into the pits, just a matter of $ between now and then.

2) Porta Potties were/are my responsibility. They were supposed to be serviced once more than they were. There were also only two, as I assumed (incorrectly) that people would use the real bathrooms except for those late-night runs (no pun intended damnit). Next year, we'll have 4 with dialy servicing.

We tried to have a dump station installed this year, but got hung-up in red-tape and time. Hopefully it'll be there next year. Either way is fine, the run over the Lake Carl Blackwell is short, wouldn't make much difference to me rather it was closer or not, tearing down camp to move the RV is no fun!

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
That was what I am trying to figure out. I might bring my travel trailerr next year, but i didn't want to mess with carting a generator for it. keep me posted guys.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I know a bunch of local folks are talking about getting together and helping Kris next spring with some stuff.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
i hear ya on the trails. my son watched a vid of me in the bikes with lights race, and said three words that crushed me..........."Dad, you SUCK!!"
I think I will just hide in the woods next year

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
We tried to have a dump station installed this year, but got hung-up in red-tape and time. Hopefully it'll be there next year. Either way is fine, the run over the Lake Carl Blackwell is short, wouldn't make much difference to me rather it was closer or not, tearing down camp to move the RV is no fun!

Okie - Check with the place that handles the porto potties.  We use large plastic containers that our toilets in job trailers connect to.  They might be able to set one up (or two) for people to hook up to without moving their trailer.  They are serviced along with the regular porta potties.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
I know at a local fair here in Pa, They have a truck come around and sevice all the trailers and RV's. That might be an option if someone provides that kind of service in or near Stillwater. I'd still need a resource for some fresh water to prevent tearing down camp.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
As far as electrical hook-ups... what if there was like a $20-$30 fee for those who wanted electric (or $5 a day or something). Then Kris could get some of the money up front for installation? My normal ComEd bill for a month is $30-$40 at home so I assume I'd have a hard time burning up $15 in a week (especially when we're out riding and having fun the whole week). Plus I'm sure it would be an added selling point to the Cooperland facility for all events.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Mr MXer what we did to replenish our fresh water- took along a clean power washer 30 gallon tank and every other day we just filled that at the main building then let it fill the fresh water tank by gravity. I don't drink the water from our tank anyways (don't like the plastic taste) so for showers, flushing the toilet, and washing dishes it was just fine.
Another way we made it thru the week was using the shower outside the camper and unless a dire emergency used Okies porta potties (or Thumps RV when he left the door open;))

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
what if we just brought a butt load of water hoses that would reach the camping area? I had to refill fresh water twice last time for me and 2 girls in the RV

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
First of all...
If we can get folks to sign-up early enough, maybe we can work-out the Electric. It really doesn't pay CL to install electric when most of the visitors are there for a day... except for DirtWeek.

Second.. water. You need to set-up your camp in a way that will allow you to "get-out" with the RV. No, I didn't do that last year and had to get Zoomer to back my RV all the way to the back of the pits.. :silly:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
No way will I be able to make that step up but it looks like fun.

Originally posted by nikki
My normal ComEd bill for a month is $30-$40 at home so I assume I'd have a hard time burning up $15 in a week .

Off topic but I just had to comment on your electric bill. You guys have awesome rates out there. I dont think I have ever seen our electric bill under $80.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ours is averaged out over the year at somewhere between $200 and $250 (that includes the propane for the heat).

I would be more than happy to pay $25 for an electrical hookup.  Inside the RV the generator doesn't seem loud, but outside it does.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
just for grins, has anybody looked into getting a large, construction type generator, and then , every body ties into it? was just a thought.

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I was planning on bringing a small generator (it is really quiet) but didint want to. I will pitch in for electricity if they come up some kind of a fee. I am going to register next week can send extra if someone has a plan.

Is it okay to bring generators? Dont want to bring anything I dont have to.

Top Bottom