xcracer725

Jun 2, 2004
soo im your average schoolboy rider at the cross country races and im wanting to race hipoint memorial day weekend in the amateur classes. The problem is i have never raced MX, all woods. But im still naturally good on a bike i geuss you could say, i got top 10 in point standings in my class at GNCC on my mini. considering that i have ridden on an MX track before, would it be safe to just show up and race or get some more experience before if possible.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I'd go practice at the track a couple times first if at all possible. If you can't practice the actual track you'll be racing, practice on a MX track somewhere. You could just show up, but it's better to be more prepared. There will be less culture shock that way. When you do race, you'll probably be better off in beginner or C class despite your experience it the trees.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
High Point is a cool track to race - lots of natural terrain and cool sweeper turns and off cambers and stuff - not a whole lot for jumps, aside from the rhythm section by the finish line. A few whoops too, but mostly natural terrain, so it shouldn't be too much of a change for you. If you're a good mud rider, that will serve well too as it seems the High Point national weekend gets dumped on almost every year! Plus they have a 125-Open D beginner class with no double jumping which might be good for you. And the track is wide enough and long enough that you'll get a little spaced out in your races.

On Saturday, they have a cross-country type of race too that would be right up your alley. :ride:

Top Bottom