Wanting to replace 1994 KDX 200 Front shock Springs!

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I would like to replace the front shock springs on my KDX 200 with stiffer shocks because of washout,etc. Remember, I have inverted shocks for a 94 Model. Am I limited to KDX or may I use Honda XR or other brands to accomplish this as I have heard with 1995 or later models?

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Not sure about the inverted forks, but there's a guy who posts here from "Down-Under" who runs stock XR 400 fork springs in his 200 or 220 and claims that they're the heat. Good luck!

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
I think the most common spring for the 93-94's are the progressive 19-23 springs they are the only ones that progressive makes for this bike,you can try Race Tech they list springs for the inverted forks,but I am not sure if the springs from the XR's will work.I believe these usd forks or a odd size and we are limited to only a few bike out there.I have the progressives and they seem to work ok.

KDX-Jack

Oct 21, 2001
I also have the progressive springs in my 94. Better than stock for sure.

Hey jdbrusch

Can you give me your take on a 94 KDX 200 vs a Wr250f since you list owning both. I am very close to buying a wr250f, but afraid it wont have the power of my KDX.

Jack

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Another option with a few opinions thrown in

Click HERE

Note this was for a '91 but the principles are the same. Always measure for coil-bind though.

Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
ps:
The 'guy who posts here from "Down-Under" who runs stock XR 400 fork springs ..'

is Dazza.

Not that it matters for a '94.

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
XR springs are too long for the 94 forks, i just tried it this weekend. I might have been able to get them on but the preload would have been tremendous. I did change the oil and put in 1.25 inch pcv spacers to preload the stock springs and they feel much better.

prk03

~SPONSOR~
Jun 24, 2002
I was thinking about trying the PVC spacers to preload the front springs.Do they replace the metal collar or just go below it or above it.

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
I put the metal collar between the spring and the PVC, you can use a longer spacer but then you can't push it past the rod since it expands in order to get a wrench on the rod to tighten the cap. Clear as mud? With the metal colar on the bottom you will lose .25 inches of spacer since it now rides up in the cap. I guess you could put the spacer on top, this just seemed the best way to me.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…