oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Just talked to Nikki who was passing along Wardy's message that the weather does not look promising. He will have his worker there in case anyone shows up to ride so they don't waste the trip.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Wardy should be updating this when he gets home later tonight

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Show up with that fat cat Kaw 500, helium in the tires. What a roost! I think I will put extra gloves on the list, and more underwear also. I hate when they get wet. They had snow showers a couple hours away this morning, right around Redbud as a matter fact. We missed the heavy rains though, just steady drizzle all day, or 2-3, Casey got it hard! What a weekend, sure hope Lou left the white boots at home. He did pick the date? Vintage Bob

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Chili said:
Bob's just hoping, 3 feet of water in the whoops was too shallow last time he wants to hydroplane them this time :laugh:
Now THATS funny :laugh:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Lou has "left" the building.

talked to lou earlier and now he is heading back to KC. Muddy mess and still raining here. SO not a good idea to ride this time??? Nothing i can do to make the track anything more then a mud hole.

i think you guys need to "fake" mother nature out and say your going a certain weekend and then really do the one before or after?

I don't think anyone is coming out for this my guy will be there at noon but likely headed back home by 1pm.

just a wet cold autumn so far.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Next time, dang it. BUT, start the next thread as a golf outing? I will check up on Nadine, and Fred Rosinich has brought up the Ice Racing down here in Cedar Lake. I will probably be helping him out, in the near future it seems! Trellborg studded tires sound like a challenge?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Next year we should move the ride back to July like the old days. Seems to be a drier time and I dont care what you all say about it being too hot. Come east and experience heat and humidity.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
International? ever consider riding Baja? 4 day tour and they supply the bikes, been eying that trip with lots of drool

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
They didn't mention the armed bandits or kevlar in the ad :uh:
Canada doesn't sound so bad now, except I think it's full of Canadian's ;) jk

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
The tracks up there do look mighty fun, on tv anyways

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You mean its not snowing by you yet Papakeith? I was laughing about the guy who suggested November. November, I should have ice tires on by then, no wait a minute, the weather makers claim the 60's here by next week, so we were a week early? Damn Gore zealots messing with the jet stream! I sure hope Lou does not hate driving as much as I do. I do not tell many people this, But, Lou, I am sorry I did not get out there to coerce you into staying. I would have gotten you muddy this time, one way or another. Vintage Bob

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I just pulled my ice tires off the shelves...looks like maybe one more ride or 2, and then it's time to switch...it snowed lightly here this morning...just a few flakes, but I can smell the ice....its coming...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Wolf said:
I just pulled my ice tires off the shelves...looks like maybe one more ride or 2, and then it's time to switch...it snowed lightly here this morning...just a few flakes, but I can smell the ice....its coming...
You sound about 2 1/2 hours away? I will post on ice racing dates down here.

Top Bottom