WARNING to anyone as stupid as me.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Do not try and take a stock suspended KDX200 through a set of 15, 1.5 foot whoops in fourth gear. Yep I know STUPID me but I had been going through them in third gear with out to many probs. Oh well I have plenty of time to think about my mistakes while 2 broken wrists and a right clavical heal.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Oh and the DUMBEST part of the story...I've had honda springs sitting on my bench waiting for install for 3 months. I guess I've got plenty of time on my hands now... :|

kdxluver

Feb 22, 2004
Feelin your pain

Wow!!!!! Sorry to hear about your get off..... heal up and hair over quick so you can throw a leg over the saddle and go riding again :ride:
Randy

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Cheers Randy I'm really trying to serve as a warning to others as what NOT to do. Thanks for your kind wishes though. Oh and boy does it suck trying to type with one hand. I had to sign a waiver(sp) so they wouldn't put both my hands in plaster. I still need to wipe my :moon: you know... :laugh:

Marsh

Feb 26, 2004
Dude. That sucks. Like it was said, heal up and get back on 'er.
Make sure you do your physio if they line it up for ya. I've been told it's the quickest way back to your old self.

Marsh.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Man that sucks!

I'll have to remember that since I do lots of dumb stuff too!

My latest crash came after trying to keep up with the 'carvr on a rutty ol' road on my newly acquired DR650!

All I got was a sprained ankle, twisted up knee, and a huge scab, right over the knee cap!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Ouch! I have to think that it was one ugly get-off.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Yow!!! Take care of yourself and heal up quick.

Best,
Greg

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I can identify, though I was going slower than you and did not break anything. I fell hard twice before I replaced my fork springs. I didn't understand for a time what the problem was, but the Honda XR springs made all the difference in the world. If you are going to ride a KDX spend the money on springs or with the doctor. That is to say nothing of the riding time missed! Get well soon! John

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: Time on your hands...

Yeah...but your hands don't work too good about now.

What happened? Was it a shock thing or a fork thing?

Sorry to hear you got busted up.

The last event the local club had resulted in a record turnout and no body got hurt all day long (well, if you don't count wibby ;) ). That made it a huge success.

Heal up quick. It's time to go ridin'!! ;)

250RDude

Feb 23, 2003
I feel you're pain brother, been there. Mine was on a Honda 70 at age 14. Same results. Take Care, Praying for a complete & fast recovery.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Lets just say I sat here for literally 1hr last night typed (ONE HANDED) a step by step account colaborated by 10 or so witnesses exactly what happened. DNS ERROR !!!!!!! :| You have to be kidding this sore finger and wrist cramps for nothing.. DOH. Any way here goes AGAIN !!! In theory I was hitting the whoop section in mid rpm 3rd gear and I would hold it in 3rd until the last whoop, brake, back to 2nd gear and punch it out into a left hand berm(in theory). Here's where the fun begins. I approached in 3rd gear hit the first whoop (hump), cleared the 2nd, up and off the face of the third whoop, clipped the fourth with the front wheel, (so far so good), until I miss shifted to 4th gear and lost the power to stay up on top of the whoops.(my fault). ENDO time!!! The front wheel dived down in between the 5th and 6th whoop (maybe the forks may have saved me abit here). I tried to back the throttle off but I must have had a second grab and could only back off to half throttle or so (my fault again). It was a cool endo while it lasted. The bike slammed the 6th whoop throwing me off (broken wrists) into the 7th whoop which I literally bounced off the top off(broken collarbone), and then proceeded to tumble in a heap of dust for a good 5 metres or so. To add insult to injury there was about 10 people watching. :ohmy: Well atleast I got a lift back to camp and some very informative adaptations of what I did wrong from some kind by-standers. The bottom line is I beleive that 70% was my fault (rider error) and the other 30% possibly fork springs. I know I stuffed the momentum but I really think the front may have been more forgiving with honda springs.Again I must Thank each and everyone of you great guys n gals for your well wishes ! ! ! :thumb: And at least I have a job when I heal. :clue: Install fork springs... To be painfully honest CC it was almost all my fault. :(

Last edited:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I remeber taking my Brand new KDX out to the MX track to meet up with a few fellow DRN'rs. Long story short... Broken clavicle... I sent the forks off to MX-tech, as soon as I was healed enough to turn the wrench

bigpa

Nov 24, 2003
I almost feel your pain. Had a pin inserted in my scaphoid (wrist) on Thursday after landing from a double(Stock springs). Hope you don't need surgery and get better soon!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Welcome to the CLUB. :thumb: It was both my scaphoids that I broke. They have only one small vein on the bottom of the plate suppling blood so thats why its important to have it pinned. By the time I got to the hospital (8Hrs later) they said the break was undisplaced (bones alligned still) so they set one in plaster and left the (better) break of the two out. Hope you heal quick too brother.....Get back riding soon..... :ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom