Water in silencer...... please read

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
I recently purchased an fmf turbinecore 2 silencer for my yz250. I was on my way to the desert and it began to rain fairly hard. I'd say I was driving in the rain for a good hour. I stuck my finger down the silencer and the inside was damp. My question is, do you think that enough water got in for me to need to repack it? I rode for the next couple of days and the bike seemed to run fine as far as I know. How can you tell if too much water got inside the silencer?

By the way, my bike was on one of those sideways facing hitches, so the tail end of it is perpendicular to my Jeep. This might have effected how much water got in.

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
i mean that's what i figured but i heard that getting water in the packing is very bad and basically ruins it.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
If it got good and soaked, you will notice a louder exhaust note. Good indicator to repack it.

Just do it. I do my YZ250 whether it needs it or not. And, as long as you are going to trailer like that, get a plug for your tailpipe and avoid the problem all together.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…