Waterpump Oil Seal ?

zip

Feb 19, 2005
Looks like I got a little deeper then I am capable of. Just took off waterpump cover to change oil seal due to milky gear oil. Anyway I pulled off cover- impellar, and then started pulling on spring which was part of mech water seal. Bad Idea. Spring popped out and behind there was a little rubber boot that looks like the spring either sat in or over. No idea it popped out pretty fast. Has anyone ever been up against changing the oil seal? and if so should I be attacking this by pulling the clutch cover off to remove the whole gearto get at seal? and lastly did I ruin my mech water seal by pulling spring away from that rubber boot? any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

1swarty

Nov 29, 2003
Zip, what you have done is just pulled your water pump seal in half. There is no way I know of to change the oil seal unless you change the water pump seal as well. The seal is also rather pricey but you have to wreck it getting it out. If your oil seal is leaking it was time to change it anyway. Make sure you (or someone you know) presses it in as I don't believe you could hammer in without damage.
Swarty

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…