tentbound

Apr 2, 2001
Not only can Shane Watts rip on the tight trails back east, but he can race desert with the best of them as well! Watts was looking very fast at the last national Hare & Hound until minor bike problems slowed him down.

It was neat to see one of the "stars" of the east coast GNCC series show up at one of our traditional desert races.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Watts is the "MAN"!

Out of all the big **SUPER-STAR** riders out there, Shane is the only one with the old time racer spirit.
Ty Davis and Nicky Hayden fit the mold also.

Maybe they all have "NO-Risk" clause's in their Factory contracts.

That would explain why they don't compete in other forms of competition.

< -- until this thread got moved, I always wondered where the desert racing board was--it must fit under the "etc..definition" --->

:think

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
I really wish riders would refuse to allow such clauses into their contracts. And I REALLY wish the AMA would establish an all-encompassing national off-road series that included hare & hound, cross country, hare scrambles, and enduro. I think it would generate tremendous interest in and attention to the off-road side of the sport.

I can dream, can't I?

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
I hear you---

2-3 years ago I had a list of clubs and promoters I had contacted that were very interested in creating a AMA / Western GNCCC.
Was told to not pursue it any further--too much on our plate as it is now and can not take on another series. :(

I was happy to see Dave Hamel and them folks step up with some free time on their hands to start WORCS.

BikeDstroyer

Jun 30, 2001
Re: Watts is the "MAN"!

Originally posted by KWJams
Out of all the big **SUPER-STAR** riders out there, Shane is the only one with the old time racer spirit.
Ty Davis and Nicky Hayden fit the mold also.

Not to diss you KWJ, but you forgot some other great riders who have done it all I will name one right now....Larry Roeseler...he even raced trucks and did the hill climb.

tentbound

Apr 2, 2001
He rode a KTM 520. I believe it was the MXC version with the big shrouds. Probably was a good bike for the type course they had layed out.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Yep--I forgot to mention LR and

--The Legend--Malcom Smith.

It is pretty sad when you think of it, how few of the top riders ever compete in other types of racing.

Larry Ward did a couple GNCCC's this year, that was really cool.

I have it from pretty reliable souces that Metzeger and McGrath both really want to hillclimb at Billings, MT.

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
Hey tentbound, tell you forgot to mention how unprepared (as usual) Watts was for the H&H. They showed up with no food or water. Watts came over to our camp and asked to borrow some water. His father is a real nice guy. Talked a good hour or two about old times riding.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom