Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Seems Shane is as injury prone as Travis.

From Racer X:

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]<B>February 10, 2003</B>[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]<B>GNCC star Shane Watts injured again</B>[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Team KTM Offroad racer <B>Shane Watts</B>, the 2000 US Grand National Cross Country champion, has had his title hopes and aspirations for the 2003 Championship cruelly taken away from him before the race season even started.[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Competing at California's Glen Helen Raceway in the second round of the World Offroad Championship, over the current weekend (Feb 8/9), Watts was involved in a first turn crash which ultimately resulted in one displaced break in his left lower leg tibia bone and two displaced breaks in the fibula bone. Surgery was performed at the well-renowned Loma Linda Hospital on the outskirts of Los Angeles where orthopedic surgeons inserted a Titanium rod into the tibia. The fibula will heal naturally after being manipulated back into place.[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]"I can not believe this!" Watts commented following the surgery. "Last weekend at the National race at Hollister [near San Francisco] I was involved in a first turn crash. I went to hospital for x-rays on my right lower leg because I was uncertain as to whether it was fractured but everything turned out clear. Major bruising was the only injury sustained. With this most recent crash I definitely knew it was broken. Getting x-rays done was only going to show how bad the breaks were."[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]"I apologize to all of the great companies that have supported and stood behind me for the last 12 months of constant injury I have sustained. I thank them for their patience. But mark my words, this latest setback has only strengthened my resolve to return to racing, but more importantly to the top of the victory podium."[/font]

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Recovery from this injury should take about four months.[/font]

Kirklandrock

Oct 17, 2001
Man,
what a shame.... I sure wish that he could get healthy and stay healthy.. he is so fast..... And he is very capable of winning ANY race he enters....... I sure hope that Shane takes the time and heals completely.. He is a Florida boy now from what I understand.. glad to have him in the Sunshine state..........
Get Well Soon, Shane
Joe

ScottYZ250

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
That sucks. Why is it never the unpopular idiots that are injury prone. I miss watching Wattsy race... :(

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
That does really suck!

Top Bottom