Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Thanks to everyone for your support! We needed every bit of support we could get. I was amazed to see how many spectators were cheering for us. We never went more than 5 miles in a 190 mile race without seeing a spectator. People from these little villages were happy to come out and cheer us on. I can't believe we actually did it. It was kind of a blurr but something I will remember forever. On Sunday night the team had a final dinner in France and they handed out awards. Team USA got an award from the International Committee for the best team effort since we didn't get our container until the last minute and we still placed 6th overall in the Trophy division. We last received it in 1972. The AMA also handed out the Valency (Sp?) award. This was started about 5 years ago and goes to the rider who show the most perseverance in overcoming adversity during the 6 days and finishes. And this years winner is....Nicole Bradford and Amanda Mastin!!!! It is a huge trophy that has our name on it which we will share for the year and then return it for next year. We were very excited. I will try to post more about the experience later but I am trying to catch up at work right now. Thanks again for all your support!!

Nicole

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I knew you could do it! :) :)

Congratulations on the award, and welcome back!

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
That's great! I think it's really fantastic what you accomplished. I eagerly awaited each days update (Thanks to Nicole's mom :)) They made me feel like I was actually a part of it. Congrats on not only going but finishing all six days. This was a huge accomplishment. I've never been more proud. :)

Congratulations on the award! You both deserved it!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
My hats off to you ladies. I don't think there is a better trophy than a skunk helmet.

Leapin Lisa

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 30, 2001
<Ticker tape flying through the air at this time>

Congratulations and Welcome home! I'm so proud of you ladies for hanging in there and doing so well! I can't imagine how grueling it must have been in real life. What a wonderful accomplishment filled with memories that will last forever.

Cheers to each of you! Hip-Hip-Hooray!

<Ticker tape still flying through the air everywhere!>

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I haven't had much time to read DRN lately, but one thread was
definitely being watched from over here - thank you Bert & Nicole.

Congratulations to Amanda & Nicole for the well-earned award, and
fantastic result :) You gals certainly rock.

How is Suzy doing? That must have been such a major bummer for all of
you, especially her, but the main thing is she's okay.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Very cool - WAY TO GO!!! :cool:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
So 'was kinda wondering... when ya'll get rested and recuperated and all... would ya think about doing a little race training session or some tips or some such thing like that for those of us who have never raced before and yet are silly enough to think that they could actually participate in a 24 hour race in California? What ya'll learned about racing, yer bikes, and yourselves during this adventure would be really great to hear about after you've had some time to soak it all in!

Top Bottom