Weee!

Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Hi again all. Thanks for the support and warm welcome from my previous post.
Last night was my first real "enjoyable" ride session and it was a blast! The most memorable part of the ride was when we (my brother, dad, and I) had to cross a flooded part of the trail. The first time through my brother and I sat back and let dad test it to see if it was too deep in any parts :D After he made it through we made our way and I was proud of myself for making it since it was my third day on a bike of any kind and I didn't get off the pegs once. The water was about 1-2 feet deep and the flooded part of the trail was about 50 or so yards long.
On the way back things were a little different though. Dad went through first, so I just waited for him to get around the corner before I started out. Good thing I did to, because as I came around the corner I saw that his bike had swallowed some water and he stalled before he got to the other side. I kept on going hoping that he would get it going before I made it to him because there wasn't enough room to pass him. Any ways, I had to slow down a little bit and it got me all squirly so I ended up getting a little wet. :eek: Didn't stall or stop though so all was good.
Through out this whole trip I felt a ton more comfortable on the bike then I had previously. I was actually letting the bike doing most the work instead of the other way around, and I didn't get nearly as tired as I had before.
The only time I dumped the bike was when I was trying to turn around in a large puddle. :confused: Still gotta work on those tight turns. I ended up scratching the front fork too, guess it landed on a rock or something :whiner:
Oh well. Just telling everyone of my first real "enjoyable" ride session and looking forward to many more to come!
L8RZ! :)

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
How does this have to do with Wardy's Riding Technique? Shouldn't it go in Ride/Rae reports?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hi again Ender.

Nice "Ride Report" :)

There are several different forums on this site, and some people get a little bent when someone posts in the wrong forum. (I've done it more than once or twice :eek: ). Check 'em all out! The when you want to post something, put it in the forum that fits it best. ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Don't mind 326...he's just upset because he's never made it through the puddle! :scream:

Keep up posted (and I'll move this to the Ride/Race Report sub-forum of the General forum).

Ender

Jun 27, 2002
Thanks for the move Gomer. I'll be sure to look before I post next time! :)

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
So.... I didn't know the hole was there... or if it was gone an hour later....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…