evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Hey spodes, been a while since I started a ride thread in here but I'm heading up that way to pick up my scoot and get in a couple days of riding. My mechanic tells me it should be ready and I'm going to hand-deliver my 500 dues to my buddy and your VP, Dwreck. Mail is just so impersonal you know.

Long-range forecast calls for decent temps and possble showers toward the end of the week so hopefully the conditions will be good.

Swift and Wreck, I'll give you guys a shout later this week. I'm up for whatever riding you guys want to do. I haven't been on a bike in about 9 months so there's a high likelihood of comedy if you're riding behind me!!!!!!!!!

Who's in? :ride:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I can't wait! We just got 2 inches of rain.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Well, I'm in! All that rain and we got about a 1/4". The "wall cloud" and "funnel" formed right over our pasture! Scary to say the least. The wife's horses were freaking out and we new something bad was getting ready to happen. No damage or much rain.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
crashnburn said:
Sounds fun, let me know what day.

Most likely Sat and Sun. I'd guess the 500 one if not both of those days but I'm up for whatever the locals offer up.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Depending on when Evenslower arrives, looks like the 500 will be a good ride for Sat. and Sun. We have finally gotten some rain so the usual puddles will be there but the overall tractions should be excellent. I'll call John today and get an assemlence of a schedule for the weekend.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
It would be nice if I could win the powerball lottery, and JustQL could make it to the 500, this weekend.... :yikes: :laugh:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
a couple of the spodes and several honorary members rode at nocona last weekend. where were you guys?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
mx547 said:
a couple of the spodes and several honorary members rode at nocona last weekend. where were you guys?

At home saving my money for a new bike. I was thinking about it. I think I enjoy the track at Nocona more than the supercross itself.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Nacona was primo. I was clearing all the jumps I wanted. Just one that I didn't try because of a nasty off camber landing. However, I did my first intentional whip. My life can end at any time, I've satisfied my MX dreams, well, except for the 9 national titles that I have won in my dreams.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I raced Maicos up around Wisconsin and Illinois a while back.... bought mine from Vic Krause's shop outside a Chicago. I didn't land in OK until 1992.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The good/bad of 4" of rain

We needed rain in a bad way. 4" is a good start as most of the ponds that were dry are now filled and overflowing. Keystone Lake will likely be back to normal level in a few days, as well.
The bad thing is Evenslower drove 11 hours to pick up the pumkin and ride the 500. The 500 with 3-4" of rain is like grease that clings to anything it touches. We'll have to plan another weekend when the propects for moisture are at least lower or less than a 1/2" expected.
The pumkin now has new air and oil filters, new battery, and wheel bearings so it will be calling "ride me" for John's trip back to Baton Rouge.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I'm home safe and sound. Thanks for the hospitality Dwreck, Swift and Craig. Didn't get to ride but it was nice to visit everybody and catch up. Now I need shower, a beer, and a nap. In that order.

Top Bottom