_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I am hoping to get some Asterisks soon and I just did the measurements and by looking at the chart I'm a little confused about what size I would wear.

Thigh- 19.5
Mid Knee- 16
Calf- 14 1/4
Height- 5' 10''
Weight- 155

Billy if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
You seem to just have a big knee joint, did you take the circumference measurement around your joint with your leg straight? The center meas. is the most critical since you have adjustments on the upper and lower cuffs. The large looks like it fits right on with the upper and lower, but the joint might be over the limits. Do you have a shop close by that you can try the large and XL on. I would rather not have to go with the XL since it might be overly bulky every where else. If you don't have a shop close by, let me know, I'll send you a single large and a single XL to see which one fits best when your ready to get them.

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I thought I did it wrong when I first looked at the chart but I did it standing up right in the middle of the joint, I measured it three times and it came out the same.

There is a dealer close that sells them so I will go there soon and try some on.

Thanks mister!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Billy,

I can't remember what size I have or what size Gomer has but _SOLO_ can try ours on and we can report back to you if that would help?

How can we find out what size we have?

Ivan

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
This should be fun lol, flip the brace over, peel back the upper padding for the upper cuff where the cuff/hyperpad and frame come together. You'll see two troufs portruding on the cuff that the steel tendon strips lie in, between the two troufs where the steel is completely exposed you'll see a yellow looking piece. That's the raw unpainted frame "fork", look close on the little flat area and you should see an L, XL, or whatever size it is. I think you were an XL, if that doesn't work, I'll have Laura look it up when she gets back Tuesday. A pictures worth a thousand words in this case Mister :laugh:.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sounds good. Now I just have to get a time to get the braces to _SOLO_ since I am out of town next week.

Jer, drop me your home address at truespode@yahoo.com and I'll send them to you or drop them off at Upstate Cycle on Monday?

Either that or if you can make it near my house this weekend I'll meet you somewhere?

Let me know. Do you have a digital camera? You can borrow mine to take pics with of how they fit.

Thanks

Ivan

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I am supposed to go to TNT tomorrow. If you are going to be at the Top Gun race next Saturday I can get there a little early and I can try them on, that would save some hasseling.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Cool. However, Top Gun is May 3rd, not next Saturday.

Both Gomer and I will both be at Top Gun so you can probably try his size and mine (if they are different).

I am on-call this weekend so I'm not going anywhere but maybe Foothills Motorsports. If I end up over that way I will drop off the braces if you'll meet me somewhere nearby. We'll play it by ear though. Worst case you can try them at Top Gun.

Ivan

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I doubt I will make it to Foothills this weekend, I don't have the money for the braces right now so I'm not in a huge hurry, doing it at Top Gun would probably be best. I will probably end up getting them for my birthday which is in May.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
SOLO the kid also has the big wide knees (knee measurement was the same as his thigh) and he ended up needing to do a measurement with a caliper. We measured from inside to outside at mid knee joint to get the width of his knee. That measurement nailed him into a medium.
Check with Billy if they have any of the calipers still laying around or if I can find the one we used I can mail it to you

Top Bottom