Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
Billy,

I am interested in purchasing the Asterisk Cells. I took my measurements and I'm borderline on the sizing chart. I would appreciate if you would help me determine the best size for me. Most measurements indicate that a Large should fit. However, my mid-kneecap could also be an XLarge. The website says that the mid-kneecap is the most critical measurement. Is it better to make it too tight (like a Large) or make it more loose (like an XLarge)?

Here are my measurements:
6" above kneecap (thigh) = 20"
mid-kneecap = 15 7/8" to 16"
6" below kneecap (calf) = 15"
weight = 185 lbs
height = 6' 0"

Thanks!!!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Matt,
I would say the XL since you can "pad up" the knee joint area with a thicker pad that comes with the braces, the top and bottom measurements of the braces have a very large adjustment range so I'm not worried about that. Let me double check something today and I'll get back to you.

B?

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
Thanks Billy for the feedback. I can see your point regarding the XL and adding extra padding to take up space. I just don't want it to be too large. On the other hand, it being too tight is definitely not good. I would rather it be loose than tight.

Let me know what you find out.

CR Scott

Nov 10, 2005
Hi Matt,

I was in your situation a week ago but just one size down. My mid knee was 14 7/8 to 15" which was the top of the medium chart and bottom of the large chart. I went for the mediums and walked around in them for awhile at home and found them to be a bit tight. Exchanged them for the Large, used the thicker pads and they fit great. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck, you will love them...

Scott

Matt R

Oct 9, 2004
CR Scott said:
Hi Matt,

I was in your situation a week ago but just one size down. My mid knee was 14 7/8 to 15" which was the top of the medium chart and bottom of the large chart. I went for the mediums and walked around in them for awhile at home and found them to be a bit tight. Exchanged them for the Large, used the thicker pads and they fit great. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck, you will love them...

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for your comments. The bigger route is probably the best and safest route to go. Thicker pads can take up the space as needed. If it's too tight, there's nothing you can do but exchange them or live with them. Since I have to remortgage my house to buy these (not really but seems like it), I just want to get the sizing correct.

Thanks for helping!

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Matt,
Sorry I took so long, go with the XL, I talked to the ones that figure this stuff out all day and they agree with the XL as well. Hope this helps.

B?

Top Bottom