west pa riders clubs

larrk2300

Apr 25, 2002
I was wondering if their are any western pennsylvania riding clubs, ive done lots of searching to no avail, if this isnt proper post i apologize. i do ride a kdx 220 if it matters

wallasaki

May 23, 2002
Call your local bike shops -Gatto, Bentley's, Bob Thomas etc. etc.. Let me know what you find out.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
I also ride a kdx220 in western PA. I haven't heard either of any riding clubs yet. Let me know if you find one. I'll do the same.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Under the DRN Top Sites section there used to be a "Crazy Mud Men; Pittsburgh woods riders" link but it's no longer any good. I have no idea what happened to it.

riche

Oct 13, 2002
I'm just getting back into riding and will be joining TRCR. I ride with my 13 year old but don't really know any good places. They do there club rides up Butler once a month. It seems like a cool club I'm joining this winter. Rich

Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
If you guys are still looking for somewhere to ride, I am 20 minutes outside of washington PA and have about 70 acres with trails and a small track. There are also about 200 acers adjoining my property with trails that we maintain. We also have several miles of trails within a few minutes on the road. I only ask that you bring your own waiver in the event of injury and that you spend some time helping cut new trails or maintain the existing ones. Ususally on the weekends we have anywhere from 4 to 12 riders of all levels from 8 year olds to local racers. You can contact me at Tdelegram@aol.com Please add something to the email title so I recognize that it is an inquirery to ride not junk or virus mail.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
Hi Tdel!!

I live up in Butler, about 1 hour away I think. On the map, it looks like I would just come down Rt.79 to Washington. Is that where you are???

Tom L.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
Sounds like to me you guy's need ot apply to dirtrider.net to become a Penn. riding club here on the forum. You already have 7 people here that could form a new chapter under the eastern area

Jim.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member - Groucho Marx

:nener:

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
I dont know of many bike clubs in central to north western pa, but we all ride in old strip jobs and trails through the woods. Marrienville has state game lands with extensive trails see alot of woods riders on our trips for mx, i hear the trails are good @40 miles. I dont ride them because i have unlimited trails to ride right from the house, and we also have most of the secondary roads open to atvs, in all hundreds of miles.

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
Tom L said:
Hi Tdel!!

I live up in Butler, about 1 hour away I think. On the map, it looks like I would just come down Rt.79 to Washington. Is that where you are???

Tom L.

hey,im originally from new castle.there is a place there in bessemer called the bahamas.lots of good hill climbs and such.stop by any bike shop in the area,and they can point you in the right direction.its just off of rt.224 heading towards poland ohio. :ride:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
I grew up in the western pa area - visit family every summer up there and usually bring the bikes along. would be cool if you guys find some great places for me to ride next summer - so get organized... :cool:

Over the holidays, I saw there is an SX track along route 7 in ohio (just across the PA/OH line) between Sharon PA and Kinsman OH. Is only about mile or so south of kinsman. It is out in a farmer's field - i hear they run practice in the summer but it was under snow when i drove by...

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
Tom L said:
Hi Tdel!!

Tom L.

Hey i went to school in Indiana Pa(IUP), there was a good woods riding area right outside of it on Rt 119 i think it was. I went twice because i was done school before i had the chance to go again. I will see if I can get the correct area and directions for ya if you are interested.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…