woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I turned a business trip North into a scouting opportunity for trail conditions today.. I even took my digital camera so you can all see what is going on..
The first pic is of the MCCCT going north out of the trailhead on M-20 just west of White Cloud. TRAIL READY!! NO snow in the woods with just a little bit left in the lot.. If you need directions to the lot, I believe you can use this address in Mapquest to aquire them, (M-20 is the same as 1 mile) 1830 W. 1 mile Rd. White Cloud MI. This address is across the road from the parking area..
The second pic is one of the sign you will see on M-20 coming from east or west..

Attachments

• Mar25139.JPG
    Mar25139.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Mar25140.JPG
    Mar25140.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 106

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Here is a shot of the trail exiting the woods at Benton Lake coming North from the White Cloud trail head. About 20 miles of trail to get here!! TRAIL STILL READY!! But, notice the water – OH THE FUN OF IT ALL!!
The second pic here is for the guys that rode this trail with Mwessein and I last Janurary. Remember that little section of gravel we did some “sparring” on? This is it now!!

Attachments

• Mar25142.JPG
    Mar25142.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Mar25141.JPG
    Mar25141.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 113

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Here is a pic of the end of the Non-licensed section on the North bound MCCCT. This is 11 mile road and still RIDEABLE/READY!!! This area is across the road from Nichols Lake Campground on the South side. There is ample parking at this intersection for around 6 vehicles.. If you need directions to this spot try this address for Mapquest, 4745 W. 11 mile Road Woodland Park MI. That should get you about 1 block West of the intersection!!
Second pic here is of the Trail head located on 32nd street just North of Baldwin. ICE AND SNOW!! Notice the snow in the lot and the spotty stuff in the woods.. Trail NOT RIDEABLE without screws (IMHO). This is the lot on the South East corner of the Little “O”. For directions to this lot try this address on Mapquest, 3527 W. 32nd Street Baldwin MI, this should get you about 1/2 mile east of the lot ..

Attachments

• Mar25143.JPG
    Mar25143.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Mar25144.JPG
    Mar25144.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 97

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
First shot here is going South out of the Little O lot… See what I mean.. No bikes have been on it yet but the quads sure have..
Second shot here is of the Trail Map posted at the Trail Head. My ink pen is pointing to the parking area and the BLACK line on the map is the Little “O”.. Gives a good idea of how much of the “O” is North (toward top of map) of where I am standing and will have WAY more snow!!

Attachments

• Mar25146.JPG
    Mar25146.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Mar25145.JPG
    Mar25145.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 96

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
First shot here is of the Lil O trail crossing Highway 10 a few miles North of the Trail head.. ICK!! And this second shot is in the Peacock LTD Honda Dealer’s back yard.. NO WAY HOSAY!!! Perhaps next weekend….
Bottom line, if you have a CCC Trail Map Book and find something south of Baldwin (as far as this side of the state goes) – GO RIDE!! North side riders will want SCREWS and I am sure parts of the single trail will still be unrideable!!
Hope this answers some questions..
Woodsy

Attachments

• Mar25147.JPG
    Mar25147.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Mar25149.JPG
    Mar25149.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 107

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ya didn't check out Tin Cup while you were up there???

Common woodsy what is a trail report without tincup.

On a side note it looks like I am ridding Horseshoe saturday morning say 9:30am.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
2TrakR said:
Woodsy - you rule

I certainly second that!!! Thanks Woodsy :worship: :worship:

Your reports are just as good as TV8 New's Henry Erb investigative reports of massage parlors on Division Avenue!! :laugh:

White Cloud is DEFINATELY ready for the 4th. The only problem is - I'm not sure I can wait that long! I really have to get my front yard fixed on Saturday, now I'm really torn - work or play? work or play?? Play?? Play??

That water on the north end of the White Cloud loop will be gone in a week easily, we'll still have to deal with the muck section in the middle though. I am NOT riding behind that KX .5 liter through that section, that's for sure!! :ohmy:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Woodsy your best! I want to ride! That road bring back a some great memories! Aaron's bike is back together and running. I just need some run time on it. Then I can re-torque the head.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea yea, YZMAN, I know. But then there is Caberfe', Boon, Kalkaska, Evart, Wolverine and Indian River too :) :) I see your starting to pic up some of Chris's charm, LOL.....
Tin Cup is well above the "Northern line" and I am sure not ready.. Depends on the rain/warm weather we get, could be ready by next weekend...

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Nice report, Woodsy!
I'm hoping to go downstate for a ride next weekend (April 3&4), was hoping Houghton Lake area... looks like I might have to venture a little more south than that...!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Woodsy - If that's your idea of a business trip, I want to be in your line of work! Just who do you work for - Trail Rider Magazine!

:thumb:

Magoo - Bring your little 200 down for the 4/4 ride at White Cloud. Are you coming down for the SX?

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I am with you Magoo.. I have never been much of an "observer" either. I would rather use my time covering ground then watching someone else do it... Believe it or not, I actually get bored with watching and can have more fun riding a wheelie on a moped :)
So, wanna ride while all these others yahoos are gone to SX??

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well alrighty then! Sunday is AMATEUR day on the track. No snow for you Magoo. We'll have to see if they can install a few hundred Jack Pines to make you feel at home with the barkbusters.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
You bet! I'm planning to head south early am on Saturday (maybe Firday nite). Since where to ride is TBA, not sure what time to meet up but I hope to be on a trail by Noon!
Lets keep in touch. :thumb:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Woodsy, your digital camera inspired me to go to Office Max and look at them. I found them, but walked out with a high-end one for several hundred more. I bought an extended warranty, which replaces the camera if I smash it, no questions asked. So, this will be in my pack now for our rides.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Gosh I love this site.. JUST LIKE THAT (snapping my fingers) and another ride with a new friend is in the makings!!!
Ok Mark, now I see how it is, you couldnt walk out of there with one of these little cheapy jobs.... Sounds like you got yourself a real nice outfit!!! I look forward to seeing some AWESOME pics posted from that puppy!!
Does this warranty cover it if it gets "lost"? Hmmmmm, did you say you were storing it in your pac? Isnt that the black pac with silver on it that you leave on your truck tailgate when you go to the potty? :) :) and all of a sudden Woodsy's pics become MUCH clearer hahahahahahaha

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
woodsy said:
Does this warranty cover it if it gets "lost"? Hmmmmm, did you say you were storing it in your pac? Isnt that the black pac with silver on it that you leave on your truck tailgate when you go to the potty? :) :) and all of a sudden Woodsy's pics become MUCH clearer hahahahahahaha

Well, I need at least a little piece of the camera to get another one, so peel off a sticker from the camera and leave it for me OK?

Top Bottom