what altitude is "just kdx's" recommendations for?

helibuf

Sep 29, 2002
just curious about just kdx's recommendations for jetting. any idea what altitude they might be set for?

any idea what altitude fredettes recommendations would be for also?

thanks
doug

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
helibuf ,a friendly reminder....please i type with good intentions ,no know it all bs :).Any jetting you get on line or from a bud for that matter is a starting point....be carefull.It usually goes 0-1000',1000'-whatever, etc when they give base lines.The temprature is a factor too,see what you have now,get some brass and test. It's not that bad to do and the reward is worth it.Just tryin to help.

helibuf

Sep 29, 2002
I really appreciate your reply. I think my biggest problem is I’ve read just about every thing I can on this jetting stuff and find my self more confused then when I start. I have purchased what seems like a ton of brass and 1 needle so far. While I understand the principle of all this, my weeks worth of experimenting has turned no useful results, but more confusion. I have done 3 wot so far and the plugs look like they did new more or less, just a slight cinnamon color. Doesn’t seem like a 60 sec wot test is near long enough to change colors of plugs.

Any ways, I just figured they were starting points at sea level but they don't make that clear. I would think after 30 pages of jetting post (I read them all), that others might have this same question.

Thanks

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Here's my $0.02. I'm no expert on jetting, but if you get too rich your plug will foul unmistakably. Then back off a step or 2 and you should be pretty close. From there you can tweek to your preference. Anybody disagree??

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
doug that sounds like a good color to me,you want Lt brown on the tip,light then brown near the bottom but remember you can have one circuit spot on and another off the mark at the same time.I start conservative ,ride for a while 1/2 hr-hr then start my testing.A wot is only for main jet info,once that is settled move to other circuits of the carb.How does your bike run now.... any bogs, sputters,foul plugs,are you using a high octane fuel,what's the temp,mods to your bike?Can you give more background on these things?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom