What and where for a ttr 125 and 230?

fastmodena

Mar 28, 2005
We have a 04 ttr 125 and 05 ttr 230. What kind of paddles for the rear tires should we get and where can you get them?

I cant seem to find this out. What are some good website to buy stuff from. The only one I know of that is a nice site is rocky mountain atv.

Please help I really need paddles for the dunes. Thanks!

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
I hope I don't sound harsh but I seriously doubt either of these bikes has the HP to turn a paddle tire in deep sand.

fastmodena

Mar 28, 2005
Hmm. The 125 and 230 were at the dunes last weekend and can climb all over them with the stock knobby tires. We figured a paddle would give a little more traction. How could they not turn a paddle?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
The TTR125 puts out maybe 10 horsepower, can't remember the torque. The TTR230 puts out around 18 horsepower. Paddle tires require A LOT of torque to turn in the sand because they get good traction. The TTRs don't really have enough power for a paddle tire. If you insist on getting paddle tires, get the least number of paddles that you can find.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
the severe load put on bikes by paddles causes excessive heat and bogging. people say not to take a mx 125 to the dunes either but people do they usually put tires with 6 paddles on them.

this dealwith hp may be for 2strokes which have to keep in the powerband and need to spin the tire to be there 4 strokes probably different however i would match your tire size closely as possible and get 6 or 8 paddles a piece

by the way i use an 8 paddle on my cr250 it hooks up better than any other terrain possible you feel ALL of your bikes hp

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…