yzandyz-f

Apr 2, 2005
I am 5'11", 150lbs, 22 years old and have no riding experience on a dirtbike (nor street). I am getting a used bike, any brand will do. I know i will be an aggressive rider. I want to ride mx so I want a 125 two-stroke or a 250 four-stroke to start out with. I am a quick learner. I am going to pay $3000 dollars for the bike (i have gear i can get from a friend). I want to get a bike that i will not outgrow in a couple of months so i dont want an 80 or ttr, drz, ect 125 four stroke trail bike.

My friend is a very experienced person on bikes so he can teach me real well (he doesnt have any bike at the moment so i cant ride any, but he will get one when i get one). My friend used to ride a CR500 so he is pretty experienced.

Would I be able to handle these bikes with no riding experience?

Thanks

jamestheg

Aug 3, 2004
for 3k you can get a fairly new 125 two stroke. it will not be the most competive bike in the 125cc class but could be with some extras. i am about your same size and weight and had no riding expreience when i got my 125. it was a 2002 yz and i got it for 2300 last winter. my guess is you could probably get a nice shape 2002 or 2003 125 for 3k. any of the big four will do just fine. i choose the yz cause it has the most power. cr is the most reliable. you will do fine with any of em

yzandyz-f

Apr 2, 2005
In my opinion YZ's are the best also. From all of the stuff I have read about them, I have figured out that Yamaha makes the most powerful bikes. I wouln't get any cr or crf because on the crf i have heard they wear fast, and cr's lack power. I was mainly looking at the YZ125 and YZ250f. Just wondering if i could handle the bikes with no riding experience at my hight and weight.

jamestheg

Aug 3, 2004
i think you will be alright im 16 and my yz125 was my first dirt bike i am around 6 foot 170 and i did ok so i think you will be fine. the keep it in a higher gear till you get used to it

Top Bottom