what bike guys?

dingusbird

Jul 18, 2010
Hey dudes I'm 20 210 lbs athletic no experience with dirtbikes wanting to get ride in the arizona desert no racing 6 feet 2 tall, looking to give my quad to my cousin and go out in the desert on some trails

Only considering two strokes , yz250? Ktm250xc-w? wr250????

Thanks

Last edited:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
You may or may not know that Yamaha stopped making the WR250 2 stroke in 1998...they are great trail bikes, but hard to find. The YZ would be geared all wrong for desert riding...too tall 1st and close range gearing.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Like JB said, a 2 stroke WR250 will be at least 12 years old. I have one, they are good bikes and with the wide ratio transmission are pretty good for trail riding but they are on the old side.

A 250 two stroke is going to be difficult to learn on, but it will be a bike that you will enjoy once you gain the experience. The only question is if it kills or discourages you first. With the quad experience you will stand a decent chance of learning two wheels quickly so it might not be too bad.

What is your budget? If you can afford it I would go for a newer bike as it has a better chance of being in better shape and aftermarket parts are easier to come by.

Rod

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…