RWashbourne

Apr 13, 2007
Been doing the street bike thing for 9 years (mostly in England) and have only used a dirt bike off road a handful of times. Decided to take to the trails and enjoy off road biking but was overwealmed by the number of bikes available...Hope you can help

1) your physical size:
5' 8", around 165 lbs.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Moderate.

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
Woods/Trails/Fields with friends.

4) Do you have any riding experience?
Yes but only on the street.

5) Do you think you will race ?
No

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Not really but I guess that is about to change

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
Not really.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Honda / Yamaha / Suzuki

9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike?
$1000 - $1500.

10) Do you live in California?
No, Texas.

Would ideally like the bike to be street legal...

Thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My suggestion is that if you want a dual sport bike and need it to be street legal, buy one that is street legal and already registered in your state.

I don't know about Texas but in California the "Department of Motor Vehicles" (DMV) really goes out of their way to make life miserable for someone who is attempting to do anything out of the ordinary. Unless you enjoy filling out paperwork, waiting in lines and dealing with government employees I would recommend avoiding it at all costs. If the bike is already street legal with license plate it is simple. If it doesn't have a license plate expect to jump through a series of hoops.

Rod

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Yamaha TW200... only because if you want to use it in the woods it'll go anywhere.

If you want just a woods bike... Yamaha RT180's are awesome and stupidly simple to work on.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom