noob115

Apr 19, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)--im 5 foot 6 and 125 pounds
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?-i dont know
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????-woods mostly with maybe a few jumps here and there but i might go to a track once in a while
4) Do you have any riding experience?--well ive road my friends 110 and its real easy to ride
5) Do you think you will race ?--no probably not
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?--minor fixes i could do but i will mostly take it to a shop
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?i like yamaha the best
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?i have a couple dealers but i dont know what they carry
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?--no more than like 3500
10) Do you live in California?--no
11) Your age?--15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion--im kinda looking at the yz85 or the ttr 125 but i dont know if they would be to small

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
You might want to wait more than 50 minutes before getting impatient on an answer.

Both the YZ-85 and TT-R125L would be on the small side for you but could be made to work with a few modifications. Given that you have no experience on a bike I'd suggest a TT-R125L or TT-R125-LE that model is the big wheel version and it will be a little taller. From there you would want to look into a taller handlebar like the Renthal Mini-Hi bar to help make it more roomy.

If you had more experience I'd likely suggest looking at the Kawasaki KDX200 or KDX220 for the type of riding you are considering as they are full size bikes that you would not outgrow very quickly.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom