Apr 1, 2007
Me and my friend always ride together, now were bolth planning to get bigger bikes. He wants to get a 02' WR 250 and the one he's getting has a yoshimura (or however you spell that) pipe. I want a reliable bike that doesn't have complicated maitenence so what bike should I get that would be just as fast or faster than that WR?

THought it'd be a good idea to include this:
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)About 5'8'' right now but I'll be probably riding the bike next summer so Ill be bigger about 140lbs or so. Lean figure fairly strong and slim.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? I love to tear it, if I'm not going fast, I'm not having fun. But I am also catious.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? A small amount of narrow trails mostly fairly open trails (big enough for a truck) theres a dirt road we take often. I'm usually riding with friends. Some fields but not many. SOme sand pits too.
4) Do you have any riding experience?Yes, I owned a Suzuki DS80 (was my first bike but I rode before that)when I was 11. Got a CRF150F when I was 14 and am now turning 15 and looking at a bigger bike.
5) Do you think you will race ?I'd like to it but I really really doubt it.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?I can do little **** but I'd prefer not to mess with magor stuff like inside the engine. But I still would'nt mind learning a bit of stuff inside the engine.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke almost deffinatly I really dont like 2 stroke. So yes four stroke. And Honda would be good cuz I can trade in my 150 and continue payments with the new bike.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Honda dealer would be best. But they're are some others.(most other major makes yami kawi suzuki)
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?well a 250x is 8300$ CDN I dont really want to spend too much more than that.
10) Do you live in California?No. Why's that matter? Major dirtbiking there eh?
11) Your age?15 in october
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion
Yeah, I'd like to know what kind of maitenence I'd be doing on the bike and how often. How often I'd have to replace parts and such. If it were a big bike like a 250X I wouldnt be riding it hard.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2007
The reason they ask in cali or not because they have green stickered bikes and red stickered bikes wich red can only be riddem 6 mounths out of the year.

I think a CRF250X is not your best option for the fact it is nothing like your CRF150F for reliability or matinence. I would recomend a KTM 200XC-W or 250XC-W because they are cheaper then the CFR250X in the long run and intial purches price. They are really simply to work on, they are alot lighter, and start really easy. This is the only bikes i like in somewhat the same class as what you want so this is my opinon only. Some with say the reverse of me and say dont buy a KTM and buy the CRF250X.

Top Bottom