koportals

Jun 23, 2008
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)115lbs, 5"4'
2) How physical / aggressive im very aggressive rider
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????i ride fields and woods with friends and like to ride on tracks when i get a chance
4) Do you have any riding experience?yes ive been riding for 3 years
5) Do you think you will race ?no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?no
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?i dont know wat 2 get 2 stroke or 4 and i like a reliable bike
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?yes honda and yamaha
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?7,000
10) Do you live in California?no
11) Your age?14
12)im not getting the bike till next season

what bikes best for me??

Apr 30, 2007
Well, You're in a tight spot right now.

At 5'4" and being aggressive, you'll be disappointed in an 85, or 150, even if it has bigger wheels.

How much taller will you be next season?

I'd suggest trying out a Honda CRF 250 R, and a Honda CR 125. Right now, they both will be too tall for you to reach the ground well. However a lowering kit will fix that quickly! (google search for "kouba link").

I'm pretty sure you won't run out of power!

Whether to get a 4 or a 2 stroke depends on you. 4-strokes have a reputation for being harder, and more expensive to maintain. If you're not mechanically inclined, then the bills are going to pile up quite quickly.

I personally prefer 2 strokes, as most of the maintainence (never did learn to spell that correctly?) is easy to do even though I'm not completely gifted in the area of mechanics, and very cheap in comparison to a 4-stroke.

May 10, 2007
yea its hard to say cuz your going to grow a lot. i would look into the 125 2t if you want reliablility. there is nothing wrong with a 4t though just they take a lot of maintenance and if they dont get it you will have problems.

TJSCOTT1977xr75

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2007
this is really annoying. i make long posts in this forum and everytime they disappear.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom