robmon48

Jul 9, 2008
Help.
Been riding street bikes and doing track days for a few years. I want a dirt bike to help improve my skills and hope it will become a passion all its own.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
5'8", 165 lbs, age 55
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
Very aggressive for my age, not much compared to a 20 year old.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
See above. Not sure where I can ride yet, will probably wind up mostly on trails, fields.
4) Do you have any riding experience?
Alot of street/track experience, almost no dirt.
5) Do you think you will race ?
Maybe, not for awhile, if ever.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
Yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
4 stroke. Have looked at Honda crf230. Wanted a comparison between it and YZ250 and the 230 Yamaha (as well as any other suggestions)
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
Honda yes, Yama no.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
Flexible
10) Do you live in California?
NO!!
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Have a great deal on a demo crf230 from the dealer with a new warranty. I like the size, seat height, and weight of the crf 230, but don't want to get something I will outgrow too quickly.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Rob

Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
Well the 230 is def just a trail bike IMO...if your looking for full MX power you will probally be left wanting more on the 230 and others in its class.

If your lookin for a 4-stroke Racer, Ide say look for a 05'+ CRF-R or mabe even a YZ426F I hear those 426's are one of the most solid thumpers you can get, and the 05' and newer CRFs dont suffer from the soft valvetrains as much as the older ones.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom