What bike would you guys recommend for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
I have never owned a dirtbike before in my life. I am 26 years old, about 6'1" and usually around 200 to 205 pounds. I have owned street bikes (cruisers) before. I was an excellent rider but felt like I was going to get killed by the idiot drivers around here in Oklahoma. I really want another motorcycle and figured I'd be a lot less likely to get killed on a dirtbike. I'm a pretty cautious rider. I race mountain bikes quite often. I was interested in a two stroke bike. One of my buddies at work says I should stick with two strokes and a 250 would probably be best for my height and weight. I can fix anything that would break on a dirtbike, but I would still prefer a bike that requires the least maintenance. Since I'm starting out, I figured I'd get a used bike too. I was looking at Honda CR250's. There's a few for sale around here for around $1500 to $2000. Some are 93's and 94's. Is there any year I should avoid? I don't plan on racing dirtbikes or doing any rediculous jumps. But there's good trails around here that I'd like to ride. Thanks for any advice! Matt

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
A great first bike is a KDX200. You'll have no problem finding one in your price range. They can be easlily modified to run fast.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
If your planning to do the trails instead of the track then the KDX suggestion is right on the money. If your planning more track time then the 2 stroke 250's would be more in line with what your after. If your looking for Honda's 97 was the first year for the Aluminum frame and while you'll find the odd fan most found the frame horribly rigid and a nightmare to ride.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Sorry... I've been pre-occupied lately.

This thread was started with wayyyyy too little info.

I'm closing it and will close all similar ones from this point forward.

PLEASE READ THE RULES POSTED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM!!!

Ivan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom