What bike?

tjfishrocker

Apr 10, 2009
im 6'4 195(used to be 260) 17 years old. im gonna be gaining some weight back so i want a bike that will be good at around 200 pounds.

mostly offroading type stuff, some jumps, climbinb hills.

also if there is a bike that is good for all of this an is street legal, that would be sick

Mar 18, 2006
read the "stickies" at the top of this section. Answer all the questions and you will get some valuable advice.

tjfishrocker

Apr 10, 2009
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) 6'4"

2) How physical / aggressive are you ? moderate to very
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? woods/fields/rough terrain/jumps

4) Do you have any riding experience? none
5) Do you think you will race ? no
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? depends. not very mechanically inclined

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? no

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? n/a

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? preferable would be 800 or less, but i know im prolly dreaming. used is ok

10) Do you live in California? no

11) Your age? 17

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion i just want a good all around bike that will be fun and work great for a wide variety of things

Mar 18, 2006
Your budget is limiting you, for sure. Don't forget that you will need to also buy some protective equipment for yourself (helmet, sturdy boots, gloves and pants at a minimum). Or maybe you already have some stuff that will work for a while. It is not impossible to find a decent bike for $800.00. About double that would be better, unfortunately. You will just have to look harder, that's all. Try to find someone who is very mechanically-inclined to come with you (and also to curb your enthusiasm a little so you don't bolt and buy a P.O.S.). You should be looking at 250 enduro 2 strokes like Kawasaki KDX200/220's, or older Yamaha WR250's (probably early to mid 90's stuff). There are also some 4 stroke choices that would be good. Such as Honda XR400's. Personally, I think you should look for a KDX200. There are lots available, they are a good, reliable trail bike. And they won't scare you too badly with power. Find one of those in good shape and it would be a really good start for you. Take your time, look around. Buy something that looks like it is well looked after, not something filthy and missing parts.

2c

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…