Lostrider

Jan 21, 2002
I've got tickets to my first ever SX in SLC this April. What can I expect? Can I get there early and go through the pits? Will I be able to meet the riders? Or see their bikes? My boys want to meet RC.....lol Can anyone who has been to one of these events give some info? If you have been to the SLC event, I got row 28 seats, will we need binoculars to see?? LOl. Thanks for any info!!!

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
A good show.

Yes, 12:30 pits open.

Yes and yes

Row 28 is just fine. Much lower and you have a hard time seeing action on the opposite side of the track.

If you watched the Olympic opening or are watching the closing ceremonies, then you've seen the stadium.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You should have a great time. To meet the riders another good way is to find out in advance where the major bike shops are. Usually on Friday night the riders will be at open houses to sign autographs. It is usually a good chance for kids to meet them. Try contacting Some of the DRN members from the Utah area and maybe they can tell you where the riders will be.

The pits are also a great place for them to get their fill of Posters and autographs (be sure to have your camera ready as most teams are very good about posing with kids).
My son has also been able to get goggles from and signed by many top riders- his trick camp out by thier trailer, wait til the crowd is gone, then very politely and clearly ask for them. If they ask with a crowd around the answer is usually come back after the race (in other words NO). Always be sure they know something about the rider and wish them goodluck.

Lostrider

Jan 21, 2002
Thanks

I really appreciate the information guys! I don't know when i will be able to go to another one, so I want to make sure the kids have a good time and get the "whole deal" Thanks again.
Todd

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
I'm going to bring my trailer to tailgate out of. Plan is to grill some meat and drink some beverages. Should be able to go back and forth until about 5:30.

Last edited:

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
It should be a great show again this year in Salt Lake. Most of your questions have been answered, but Yes, Row 28 should be just fine. As mentioned, if you are any lower you can't see all of the action across the track. Binoculars are fine but only for checking things out far across the stadium. The naked eyes work best for viewing the racing action. Last year the weather cooperated very well and it was pleasant enough even for short sleeves. Obviously, there are no guarantees of that this year. I seem to remember that Plaza Cycle of Salt Lake had some of the riders doing autograph signings the day before last year and I think they even gave away a new bike at last year's race. As the race gets closer there will be more information about the potential for some of the local dealers to have racers at their location. I believe to get into the pits early in the day you have to have a pit pass....again, I think these are available at some of the local dealers. This year I will probably be trying to do the same as my 6 year old is just dying to see all his heroes.

The facility is first-class and holds about 45,000 people. There is nothing quite like watching your favorite racers with that many fans. Additionally, considering the unknown future of supercross next year, this will be a great chance to see all the great racers together.

Top Bottom