bdav22

Mar 5, 2003
i would like to start by sating "thanks" to everyone for posting your know how about kdx's. i've been reading this forum quite a bit and have learned alot. i ride a '99 kdx220. it's engine mods include fmf torgue pipe, carb bored and jetted, and cylinder ported. i just finished rebuilding the top end with a wiseco piston kit. the reed valve is stock. my question is would putting a delta force setup in make much of a difference in the performance of the bike and is rejetting usually needed when the delta force setup is added? thanks again!!!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
i dont have one and am still trying to get one in australia. from what ive researched u should expect an overall power increase everywhere on the powerband and if jetted correctly before fitting u shouldnt have to rejet... but saying that i stand to be corrected because as i said i dont have one im still trying to get 1 and its all info that ive read... i also believe u should get the deltaforce 2 with adjustable reed stops...grey in colour as opposed to black... hope it helps some and as stated if im wrong please chime in....

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
I have a 220 with the torque pipe, maybe one day I'll get the rb carb mod(just not willing to give up any bottom end). I added the DF II last fall on the high setting. It gave me a few more rpm's up top, nothing earth shattering. But, the throttle response is another story. My bike has a lot more snap to it and the power comes on instantly. I'm very pleased with it, just for the throttle response. I haven't tried the low setting, but Canyancarver seems to like it.

bdav22

Mar 5, 2003
thanks kay dee exer, and davidg for the replies. i've decided to buy it and see what happens. i'll post with the results.

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
please do because as im still trying to track one down if they are as good as i think it will be i might try different avenues to try to get one shipped to australia...enjoy and please update.....
cheers trev

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
That's a little scary. Sounds like several people have had fit problems with the DFII. Did anyone with the DFII for the KDX have problems with the install? CC? Midhigh?

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I am totally sold on the DF II. I put mine on last Fall and it went on without any problems at all. Fit was perfect, and installation was very easy. It's harder wiggling the carb. out than putting the DF II in.

The DF II was and has been the best proformance mod. to date that I've done. Throttle response is unreal. It woke up my KDX. And it wasn't even close to a dog with old RAD valve.

I highly recomend the DF II for the KDX

I fill much more confident coming out corners and excelerating into jumps.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The DFII I have was a tight fit in one kdx, fine in another (both '00s).

If it took a minute to take the edge off the valve to resolve a fitment issue, then I'd do it. Big deal.

EG has far more experience with the DF on different bikes than I do. However, if a moron...I mean rider...ruins his bike with a hacksaw in the process of fitting a reed cage, how is that the fault of the reed cage mfg? There is the moron...I mean rider...input to consider after all.

And any moron..I mean driver...that thinks he's going to bolt on a nitrous system during a lunch break..one he bought from a catalog... and have it work is...well, a moron.

As far as the radvalve reference...whoever likes 'em is more than welcome to use 'em.

Considering the slot for carb location doesn't exist in the radvalve, considering there is twice the number (ha..two, anyway) of hoseclamps in the boyesen setup (more joints=more chance for leaks), considering the life of the reeds in the boyesen was terrible (less than a year), AND considering the radvalve doesn't particularly do anything..I choose to not use one.

If God likes the one he has in HIS kdx, that's fine. I still choose not to use one.

And, if you get a DFII and think the high tension setting is fine, that's fine, too. After all, it's your bike! BUT, having the choice of tension settings, it's kind'a stoopid to not at least check out the possiblities. Then you can say, 'I know...'

Rejet? Maybe. You'll know for sure when you check your bike. The same as you would with temp changes, elev. changes, or after any other modification.

The question from the start: '..would putting a delta force setup in make much of a difference in the performance of the bike...'

The answer is, 'Yes.'

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom